Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Somerset, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Atherton Hotel in State College has a 220V 40A 6-50 outlet

I would have preferred Bedford too for this reason. PSU is a charging ghost town.

Check Plug Share there are a few at PSU and at the Atherton Hotel.

- - - Updated - - -

Exit 110 of the PA Turnpike. Look for Somerset/Johnstown exit.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love Bedford even more than Breezewood as I have a house in Bedford and it would be great for me to quick fill before going to work in Central VA. I go through Winchester so Hagerstown is out of the way. Also it would be great when I come back home from Charlottesville, VA as I could fill up as soon as I got back to town as opposed to getting back with 50 mi/range left then having to wait several hours to go anywhere else while I charge at the house.

There are only really two level 2 charging stations at PSU. One at a car place (J maggi) and the Atherton hotel. You need a 6-50 adapter at the Atherton hotel and to be a guest at the hotel unless they changed that. The solar home charging station pulls out a level 1 amount of electricity. The Nissan dealership when i called last year didn't want me to charge there. The options are disappointing there.

Interesting find from that article: At the bottom the author provides a map of public chargers, and there's a 50 kW CHAdeMO charger under development in Breezewood at a Sheetz station. And there are others in Carlisle (Harrisburg area), State College, Allentown, and Ephrata (Lancaster area). Those will be a nice complement to the superchargers, once Tesla's adapter is released for sale. I'm not sure who created the map or how reliable / up-to-date the data is, but I also noticed that at least some of the locations listed as "under development" or "approved for funding" are in fact online (e.g. the Carnegie Mellon Electric Garage).

Breezewood-CHAdeMO.png

Interesting find from that article: At the bottom the author provides a map of public chargers, and there's a 50 kW CHAdeMO charger under development in Breezewood at a Sheetz station. And there are others in Carlisle (Harrisburg area), State College, Allentown, and Ephrata (Lancaster area). Those will be a nice complement to the superchargers, once Tesla's adapter is released for sale. I'm not sure who created the map or how reliable / up-to-date the data is, but I also noticed that at least some of the locations listed as "under development" or "approved for funding" are in fact online (e.g. the Carnegie Mellon Electric Garage).

It will be interesting to see if that is actually built... I had a talk with the Sheetz people this summer about this station -- they weren't certain then if it was ever going to get done at this location... I suggested they seek a TESLA Level II hookup... I'd be happy to be able to plug in for 20 min stop -- not so much for charging but to keep things warm when its 0 degrees :)