Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Something chewing on my charger cable...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unplugged my car this morning and was putting the charger cable away when I notice notches chewed out of the cable. Probably about 10 bites in all. I’m guessing rats or bunnies. Anyone had this occur? Any remedies or repellants that worked? My car and charger are outdoors.

Thanks.

Hey OP, since you probably don't have Mynocks, I'll try to be helpful. :) I can't prove that these ultrasonic devices work, but I do have a couple (different brand) going in my garage 24/7 to try and keep rodents outside the perimeter. We live against a field and had an issue when we moved in, but not since then. That's not proof of them working, but I'll take it....

https://www.amazon.com/Victor-M753SN-Ultrasonic-Nightlight-available/dp/B00NO6A4DA

Not sure if you have a 120 outlet close enough to give them a try, but for the price of admission may be worth it. Mostly, this issue is what I'm trying to avoid: Advice needed - how exterminate rat in car??

Unplugged my car this morning and was putting the charger cable away when I notice notches chewed out of the cable. Probably about 10 bites in all. I’m guessing rats or bunnies. Anyone had this occur? Any remedies or repellants that worked? My car and charger are outdoors.

Thanks.
I remember posts in the roadster section of mice destroying electrical cables in roadsters. Also found such damage in my backup gas generator that we never ran