TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Something is going on at the Body shop

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Brandon332, Jan 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Hi all,

I have a quick question and I'm wondering thoughts from people. Our Tesla got rear-ended and the body shop took it in about a week and a half ago. It had ~130 miles left on it when I dropped it off. I periodically checked it on the phone app, and yesterday morning there was about 75 miles left on it due to the usual battery drain. Yesterday mid-day the app just stopped working and wouldn't connect, and it remains that way today. I'm not sure what's up with it, maybe they turned off the phone connect at the body shop?

It's also expected to remain in the shop for another couple weeks, and I'm afraid the phantom drain will bring it past 0. Does anyone with experience at a Tesla-certified body shop know if they recharge it or look at the range? Thanks :)

2. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Call the shop and remind them that they need to charge it once in awhile. They likely have it parked, waiting parts like everyone else, and it went into a sleep mode to further save battery is why you cant contact the car.

3. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

The app should wake the car from sleep mode.

I would guess the body shop disabled remote access.

• Like x 1
  4. outie

outie Active Member

You went from 130 to 75 yesterday. The more times you checked the faster it drained. It's not unreasonable to think the battery is already drained by now.

• Disagree x 1
  5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

The car went from 130 to 75 in "a week and a half."

6. polymathic

polymathic Member

Here, whether at the body shop or at Tesla, the first thing they do is turn off remote login. So I can never know...

7. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Depends on how bad the damage is and what exactly they are doing to it, but they may have just disabled access, or they may have disconnected the battery.

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

Turning off remote access is SOP at any service center or certified body shop. That way you can't honk the horn or activate Summon. Accidentally, of course!;)