Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Something my wife and I hacked together this week- an Android app that acts as an instrument cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't suppose there's any nav data in that canbus is there? Next turn would be pretty amazing
Not in a way that could be converted into next turn info. List of signals here:

It's basically a bunch of numeric values streaming at high speed, nothing like text.

You can use split screen mode and have waze/abrp/google maps on the same screen, and it's pretty slick.

Reactions: gt2690b
Not in a way that could be converted into next turn info. List of signals here:

It's basically a bunch of numeric values streaming at high speed, nothing like text.

You can use split screen mode and have waze/abrp/google maps on the same screen, and it's pretty slick.
there are some limitregen/maxregen variables in there.. are these writeable? like you cold make a button to turn off regen??

This dashboard is coming together beautifully, I'm using the beta while waiting for JWardells Canserver restock.

Its already much better and useful that the Scanmytesla dashboard that has been in development for way longer!

Imagine how this could blow up when you implement ELM327 support (Please!)...
I'm on it. ELM327 is a pain, so it'll take a little while, and I still need to get it working to make sure it performs adequately. One thing you can't get with ELM is any autopilot or blind sport status as that's on a different bus.

Reactions: CJO4 and Ezmendriz
I'm on it. ELM327 is a pain, so it'll take a little while, and I still need to get it working to make sure it performs adequately. One thing you can't get with ELM is any autopilot or blind sport status as that's on a different bus. To be totally fair to SMT it does a different thing and has more features. I made the choice to focus on design to make something you'd leave in your car, but I still fire up SMT to do deeper dives into diagnostic data. More than enough room for us to coexist!