Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Something Strange Going On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 90D (refresh). I have all updates, including updating both key fobs and new batteries in each.

Lately (maybe the last 3 weeks) my car won’t turn off. After I leave the car, the music remains on, the lights stay on and the car won’t lock. If I use the fob to lock the car the radio and lights still remain on. The only way I can get the lights to turn off is if I manual turn them from auto to off.

When I approach the car, it no longer identifies my fob so my handles don’t present and my in-car settings will not automatically go back to my settings as they have in the past if they’ve been changed (seat position, mirrors etc…). With my wife’s fob, it is hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. As I said, both Fobs have new batteries.

My 12V battery was replaced about 2.5 years ago. Car has all updates. No error messages. Haven’t changed any settings (that I know of). Any thoughts?

Is that happening no matter where the car is?
Do you have anything connected in or to the car?
Happens everywhere. Connected? Like what? I don’t think I have anything connected other than my cell phone. It’s so annoying though that because the car stays on, when I’m at home my phone stays connected to the car when I’m in the house, so I have to turn off Bluetooth.

Last edited: