Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sometimes it hard to keep the faith: repeated Supercharging failure and bad service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GDH
I believe bonnie's original point was that generally speaking Tesla employees are directed not to engage on TMC (or other) forums except for a handful that do so in an official capacity (like GeorgeB).

As such, it doesn't matter whether they read the forums or not. When Tesla employees are confronted on TMC, they are prevented from responding due to corporate policy. This makes it an unfair situation for those employees.

@GDH
I believe bonnie's original point was that generally speaking Tesla employees are directed not to engage on TMC (or other) forums except for a handful that do so in an official capacity (like GeorgeB).

As such, it doesn't matter whether they read the forums or not. When Tesla employees are confronted on TMC, they are prevented from responding due to corporate policy. This makes it an unfair situation for those employees.

Yes, this. Thanks.

I am aware, but when someone quotes someone or asks a direct question to a certain person that doesn't automatically give someone else the right to answer for them.

But thanks for your reply.

Not automatically but not prohibited. People answer questions all the time that people ask when they quote someone. It was a general question not something specific like 'how many wh/mile did you get going over the mountain pass last Thursday on your recent road trip?' for example. Send a PM if you want only that person to answer.

I am aware, but when someone quotes someone or asks a direct question to a certain person that doesn't automatically give someone else the right to answer for them.

But thanks for your reply.

So, even though you were replying to someone else, I'd like to point out that we're in a public forum and many of your posts are commenting upon posts that were not directed to you.

That's how it works on this particular forum. Anyone is free to comment upon public posts. If you'd like it kept private, please use the private messaging feature.

So, even though you were replying to someone else, I'd like to point out that we're in a public forum and many of your posts are commenting upon posts that were not directed to you.

That's how it works on this particular forum. Anyone is free to comment upon public posts. If you'd like it kept private, please use the private messaging feature.

You don't need to point out anything and you don't need to be so defensive, I simply asked YOU a question and a simple question at that and you and other mods took it to another level, pointlessly. Now if you and others want to continue to beat the horse go at it.

Did Tesla indicate it would take weeks? I thought they said hours at most (which was too long I know but with transport maybe 3 days like you said).

First for the last bunch of posts, this thread is about me and my drama and making Tesla's service better not about posting etiquette - can't a guy get a good rant in without someone highjacking it? :wink:

Secondly, they said a half day minimum - they never gave a max.

Holy pissing contest batman, this thread just took a turn hostile in a lot of ways.

While they might be restricted from posting, after several conversations with the rocklin guys, I'm pretty positive they follow the forums pretty close. Might be best to say things could have been handled different on both sides. A critique should be sent in to tesla with advice for future handling of similar situations (though, this thread might be enough for the, to sort through), and this topic should be closed.

Please read through before you lecture. I never said the Rocklin staff lied...

I am having a hard time following your story, so I went back to reread everything. The person who 'lied' to you was a Tesla employee, but they did not work at the Rocklin Service Center. Do I have it right now? And you still want to say that that person lied to you? You got their name and have reported their inappropriate behavior to their direct boss?

Then for the second phone rep for reprimanding me over false information.

Yes, I get the distinct impression you're a sensitive sort.

Taking my post out of context is really beneath you. Or maybe not. Dunno. But carefully editing to imply that whenever I see a negative post, I'm skeptical, is not cool.

Classy. (And just so you know it's a joke, just like your post ... "LOL". That makes it all better.)

Out of context??? LOL...not at all. Here is yet another example of someone who when he/she reads a post that criticizes TM their instinct is to assume there is something wrong with the OP because of course, if the OP didn't have the same excellent experience he/she did well then something must be wrong...right?? Typical guilty until proven innocent. And I'm not the only one who saw it this way...look at all the posts that follow over the last two pages...

- - - Updated - - -

First for the last bunch of posts, this thread is about me and my drama and making Tesla's service better not about posting etiquette - can't a guy get a good rant in without someone highjacking it? :wink:

Unfortunately no, not on these posts. People who criticize TM or tell anything other than a good experience are immediately bullied and the validity of their post, and behavior is immediately questioned...sad but true.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I get the distinct impression you're a sensitive sort.

see, bullying...

- - - Updated - - -

Bottom line, you are totally right to be upset. Tesla Motors as come out and said they are offering "The World's Best Service Program" (which btw was announced on April 26, 2013). Did the OP set his expectation as it pertains to his experience? Nope. Tesla did. Did Tesla need to come out and make a big splash about loaner cars, and best service program in the world, etc etc? Yep, they didn't have to but they did. This is just another over promise and under deliver by Tesla. Likely continued growing pains, and will hopefully be rectified, but far from the first incident.

What I've learned about these forums is that if you criticize TM, you're immediately assumed guilty until proven innocent...its not TM that's the problem, its you. So to the OP, very sorry about your experience, hopefully it gets (rightfully) rectified, and getting the car back and your experience driving it helps ease the pain (as in my case)...

tpoltron - Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention and Tesla's, that will hopefully get them to review their internal communications (seems was part of the problem) in addition to whatever hardware/software was at fault. Your photo had an NYTimes/Broderesque quality about it, perhaps it stirred up the faithful. I hope all gets repaired in short order and your family can continue to enjoy your Model S. Snow has been hard to come by in the Sierra, I hope you enjoyed your weekend.

see, bullying...

See, definition: intimidation of weaker person: the process of intimidating or mistreating somebody weaker or in a more vulnerable situation

I've not seen any evidence of the OP being a weaker person or in a more vulnerable situation, quite the opposite. The OP has placed some Tesla employees in a position of weakness by bringing his rant here, where they have no opportunity to defend themselves, tell their side of the story, or make matters right.

As a point of clarity for you, I've got nothing against people having a good ole fashion rant, but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. The wrong way is when people have an opportunity to resolve issues face to face/in the moment, choose not to, and then make a scene on a public forum trashing others, calling them liars (as an example).

See, definition: intimidation of weaker person: the process of intimidating or mistreating somebody weaker or in a more vulnerable situation

I've not seen any evidence of the OP being a weaker person or in a more vulnerable situation, quite the opposite. The OP has placed some Tesla employees in a position of weakness by bringing his rant here, where they have no opportunity to defend themselves, tell their side of the story, or make matters right.

As a point of clarity for you, I've got nothing against people having a good ole fashion rant, but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. The wrong way is when people have an opportunity to resolve issues face to face/in the moment, choose not to, and then make a scene on a public forum trashing others, calling them liars (as an example).

Not the only definition of bullying. Making fun of them by name calling, ostracizing, putting down, etc etc...there was no need for you to make such a comment, you chose to do so for the point of putting the OP down/making fun/etc etc...that's bullying.

Really

"Yes, I get the distinct impression you're a sensitive sort."

that's not a dig/put down? C'mon now...its there in black and white.

Yes, really. That was an observation based on a number of posts by the OP.

Contrary to your own personal opinion, I don't consider sensitivity in people to be an all encompassing negative trait. Knowing that someone is of that nature, particularly where specific topics are concerned (ie., being talked to like a 5th Grade Teacher), allows others to adjust accordingly. I now know that I should talk to the OP as if he were at least a 6th Grade Teacher.

Yes, really. That was an observation based on a number of posts by the OP.

Contrary to your own personal opinion, I don't consider sensitivity in people to be an all encompassing negative trait. Knowing that someone is of that nature, particularly where specific topics are concerned (ie., being talked to like a 5th Grade Teacher), allows others to adjust accordingly. I now know that I should talk to the OP as if he were at least a 6th Grade Teacher.

LOL, have you been following the Richie Incognito story??