Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sonic Carbon color change--Photos of silver/white Model S with Sonic Carbon slipstream wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI,
I purchased Sonic Carbon Gray center caps directly from the Portland Oregon Tesla Service Center. Perfect match to my powder coated wheels.
39215C8A-5828-48A3-94E8-0FDE20124EEB.jpeg

Reactions: rickyjb
I don't have the 19 inch rims but I do have a silver S with the turbines in that color. IMO its probably the best color combo..View attachment 544023
I have essentially the same car but my question is whether I should paint my 21 in Sonic carbon turbines gloss black? I got the windows tinted black and I'm thinking that they would look better black then is gray. They offer the arachnids now in Black and I wonder why I am hesitating? It's like they don't quite match now that the car is silver and the windows are tinted it darker black. Then I was also thinking about doing a chrome delete and having the candles wrapped in Black as well but even if I don't do that, I like the Chrome but I feel like the gray turbines just don't quite match. Does anybody have pictures of a silver Model S around 2016 to 2018 performance model with the 21 inch turbines painted black?

Yes, sonic carbon center caps are a stock item you can buy at an SC or on ebay. I think I paid $15 apiece the last time I bought some.
Now I am hesitating but I really think I want to have my 21 in turbines on my silver Tesla p90d 2017 painted gloss black. Why don't more people do this? The carbon Sonic gray turbines just don't quite match especially if the windows are tinted black.... really interested in people's feedback? This is going to be my forever car and so I want to just write and now is the time for me to do it. the local shop does a ton of refurbishing, painting, and powder coating but for some reason people preferab carbon gray even on white or silver cars just doesn't make sense to me? First world problems I know... but this is my baby.