TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Sony Vision S (Tesla M3 killer or wannabe)

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by JetFalcon, Jan 7, 2020.

1. JetFalcon

JetFalcon Member

Sooo. What is everyone thought on this new Sony car? I think the interior looks nicer if that concept was going to be close to final. I kind of wish Tesla would consider a car packed with screens everywhere and not being as minimal as possible. It almost looks like driving a smartphone with its screen everywhere feeling.

Also it has more detailed exterior. Sometimes the Model 3 feels very minimal on the sides. I like the front of the Model 3, it has a very signature look. But I felt other parts of the car could have more detail, kind of like Lexus does with their newer cars. Feel like Sony is making an electric car with more detailed exterior and an interior full of screens from left to right.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Disagree x 1
  2. T3SLAROD

T3SLAROD Member

The purpose of this car was the interior to display what they could offer for manufacturers. Car looks like a Tesla

3. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Active Member

I like it. Looks good. But, you know, make it and we'll know for sure.

4. RC2785

RC2785 Member

This was just a concept car to show off the technology. Unless Sony buys or builds a new factory and equip it with the proper tools, there is no way they can mass manufacture cars.

• Like x 1
  5. afadeev

afadeev Member

What's up with the click-bait thread title?

The more EVs, the merrier.

• Like x 2
  6. BayAreaCelt

BayAreaCelt Member

Heh

Attached Files:

7. holmgang

holmgang Active Member

It's aping the Taycan way more than the Tesla. But like people said, Sony isn't trying to showcase the vehicle itself.

8. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

I would actually buy this car if they would make it!

9. juanmedina

juanmedina Active Member

10. Dexterryu

Dexterryu Member

The display is cool, but I'm not sure how practical. Until cars are fully self driving I don't think we want/need more than we have in the Tesla's due to distractions.

11. neptunesfinest

I like that they made the interior really premium without making it busy or adding buttons. I love the design in general. Maybe they’ll contract someone to actually build them.

12. BayAreaCelt

BayAreaCelt Member

Like uh... Magna ;) Its an iPace platform in drag....