Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

soo....1400 just got hit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Pete,

not much. Car is in Chicago with the panels off. Last week, they were waiting for the final go ahead from the insurance company. He said all the parts are in stock so hopefully not much longer except for the delays due to the holidays.

sooooo annoying!!!!!!

I didn't want to start a new thread about this but tonight I was driving on the highway back from work in the right lane when a *#&*& idiot who was merging from the on-ramp hit me. The guy was driving a large truck and it looks like his front right tire bumped the back of my car. My car slide about 6 inches to the left but thankfully didn't spin out of control and I was able to stop shortly afterwards. It left a 1 1/2 inch rubber mark which I cleaned off to reveal about a 1 inch scratch below. I'll have to take a closer look at it in the light tomorrow but if that's all the damage there is, I have to feel that is about the best outcome for being hit when going about 55 on a highway surrounded by traffic. Phew. I'll upload some pics tomorrow. Hopefully this is something that should be easy to touch up.

I didn't want to start a new thread about this but tonight I was driving on the highway back from work in the right lane when a *#&*& idiot who was merging from the on-ramp hit me. The guy was driving a large truck and it looks like his front right tire bumped the back of my car. My car slide about 6 inches to the left but thankfully didn't spin out of control and I was able to stop shortly afterwards. It left a 1 1/2 inch rubber mark which I cleaned off to reveal about a 1 inch scratch below. I'll have to take a closer look at it in the light tomorrow but if that's all the damage there is, I have to feel that is about the best outcome for being hit when going about 55 on a highway surrounded by traffic. Phew. I'll upload some pics tomorrow. Hopefully this is something that should be easy to touch up.

That sucks, hope you got their info.

7racer, good to know that it shouldn't be much longer.

7racer, I'm late in this thread and was going to suggest that you get a recommendation from Tesla Motors for a body shop. Tesla Motors surely does not do their own body work, but they should know someone who has replaced the carbon fiber body panels before. Here in Seattle, the insurance company and Tesla Motors both recommended the same shop, so I have confidence. I guess in your case you were too far from a dealer for them to have any idea who could handle the work local to you, so it's probably best that you sent it to them.

It was pretty ugly for a while there. I did accuse them of driving the car. They had it for 5 days so even unplugged should not have lost more than 10 miles. I was mad at them and also went off to Tesla LA who uses them all the time. In the end i was convinced that it was the heat of the paint drying booth that reduced the miles.
Why not pull the log files from your car and see what really happened on those 5 days? Even if the detailed logs are gone (I assume this was a long time ago), there is still the daily log of the odometer. You should be able to remember the date and see if any miles were put on the car, particularly more than 10.

thanks everyone for the support and feedback.

Seems like forever but the car is schedule to be delivered tomorrow back to me....+added Xenon's....

Good reports from Tesla and the body shop. I hope it really is back to original shape....man it took FOREVER.