Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to be 85D owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered one of the last 85Ds on 12/31 and it went into production on Friday (the 19th).

I have looked around the posts and at the spreadsheet and there does not seem to be any consensus on time for production and delivery. I notices they took off my order page the prior "March-Early April" time frame. Anyone have any idea on typical production and delivery times? I stopped by their store in Manhasset yesterday and they told me they no longer ship by rail, which used to be longer, but production is taking longer because of the Model X. Any truth to that? I am in a NYC suburb.

Can't wait!

I ordered one of the last 85Ds on 12/31 and it went into production on Friday (the 19th).

I have looked around the posts and at the spreadsheet and there does not seem to be any consensus on time for production and delivery. I notices they took off my order page the prior "March-Early April" time frame. Anyone have any idea on typical production and delivery times? I stopped by their store in Manhasset yesterday and they told me they no longer ship by rail, which used to be longer, but production is taking longer because of the Model X. Any truth to that? I am in a NYC suburb.

Can't wait!
during my ordering process I found the website estimate to be accurate, although it jumped around at first a lot. As I understand Tesla's production the Model X has it's own line and new paint shop so MX production shouldn't affect MS production. I know it's hard waiting once your car enters production, just hang in there you will get your car faster than you think ...

I ordered my 85D on 1/12/16 and confirmed on 1/20. Production started on 2/19 also and when I asked my DS this morning how far along they were he said they are in final assembly on the line. So another few days and it will ship. Great news to hear for sure!!!

My DS emailed my back yesterday and he said the car was being painted. It sounds like cman8 and I have cars that are going down the line together. I would imagine they paint before they install the interior, carpets, and such. Keep me posted on your progress. Where are they shipping yours to?