Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to be first time parent - Help with car seat!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know! The seats look so squished I am genuinely concerned with long term damage

Don't worry about it. The cushion will relatively even out after you take the seats out and through use. Check that the Nuna allows seat protectors. This is what they say about the RAVA seat -

Can I use a seat protector under my RAVA to protect my vehicle seat?

The RAVA was designed with a smooth seat back and seat bottom, so using a vehicle seat protector is not necessary. We do not recommend using any products or accessories that are not approved by Nuna. Adding a product or accessory could alter the effectiveness or performance of the RAVA if ever involved in a crash. We do not recommend placing any seat protector or other item under your RAVA.

I have no personal experience with that product, but I looked at them at one point and multiple reviews mentioning color bleeding scared me away. I've got white seats though and it may not be an issue with dark seats (if it's an issue that occurs regularly at all).

For what it's worth, I went with these and haven't had any issues:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HCOM1UI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: David.85D
Order a car seat cover. I had the Nuna Pipa in the back of our S (white interior) for ~6 months. I latched it into the hooks. NOT an easy task to do btw. They are really buried in there. I left the base in there permanently and when I sold the car, the seat was fine.

One thing I was surprised by with the S and the Nuna Pipa was the lack of room. I'm 6'2" and I had to put my seat up a bit more than I normally would. Due to our garage configuration, I had to put it behind the driver unfortunately. Good luck and congrats on becoming a Dad!