Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soon to be Model 3 owner (Dec 12th). Question about paint/scratch protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since scratches are your main concern, look for a paint protection film, also known as a clearbra. It's a clear film that goes over your panels, and it does a solid job against rock chips, light scratches, and swirl marks. You can cover as little as one panel or as much as the entire car (pretty common). Usually for people who are concerned with rock chips, the full front panels is a must. But since scratches can occur any where (especially if someone wants to be malicious), you have a few more panels to consider.

Have a look at Gtechniq crystal serum ultra this is the best ceramic coating on the market. Makes cleaning a lot easier, water just drips off, since it’s a 9H harness coating it’s basically glass coating over your paint. It’s expensive but will be good for a number of years. You can go down the Xoel paint protection film which will protect to a certain degree to stone chips.

Since scratches are your main concern, look for a paint protection film, also known as a clearbra. It's a clear film that goes over your panels, and it does a solid job against rock chips, light scratches, and swirl marks. You can cover as little as one panel or as much as the entire car (pretty common). Usually for people who are concerned with rock chips, the full front panels is a must. But since scratches can occur any where (especially if someone wants to be malicious), you have a few more panels to consider.

Agree. PPF is the way to go if you want to protect from rock chips, scratches, and the like. I’ve had it applied to all surfaces on my Model S and just had it applied to my Model 3. My S is 5 years old and it still looks brand new — and no imperfections like swirl marks on the paint. Forget ceramic coatings — they give no protection from dings, scratches, rock chips, etc. I have no idea why folks spend good money on coatings like that. PPF costs more, but if protection from paint damage is what you’re, after it’s a much better value.

Reactions: C141medic