TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sooo... Elon's road trip has no updates?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by zwede, Apr 3, 2014.

1. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

2. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Maybe his cell phone battery died.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Other threads mention him being back in SF Bay Area already, so maybe they aborted the trip and may not want to talk about it?

Either that, or Mt.Rushmore was on the way back from the East Coast...

Elon driving cross-country

4. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

They probably had a 10 mile long convoy of fans pursuing them and thought better of telling the world where they are….

5. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Some speculation has been that they did the trip in reverse and have in fact ended it already ;) So flew to the West coast and drove in silence to East cost only starting to tweet in the last days of the trip. Would be a thought out sneaky thing to do to throw all the meeting parties off ;)

6. Mario, I assume you mean the other way around, that he flew to the east coast (as in NYC) and drove towards west coast (LA).

Seems plausible, however, knowing that he had
    SpaceX F9v1.1 Launch w/ Dragon: CRS-3 scheduled for March 30th, which only got canceled on March 27th, I don't think he would have planned a trip that would be happening during that critical time for SpaceX. My bet is that maybe he planned the trip after the launch, and when the launch got canceled with no immediate date set for the next launch, he might have decided to get it over with the trip (knowing that people hold him for his word that he'll do it during spring break), started out from the west coast, started tweeting about it on March 30th (Talulah) and 31st, but canceled the trip due to bad weather, and just flew back home on his jet. Having his schedule cleared for the time, he decided to attend the HBO premiere of "Silicon Valley" and teach those producers some lessons about SV and the Burning Man :)

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

If Elon couldn't have figured out how to ditch all the stalkers (ie, TMC loyal fans :) ), I would have been disappointed in him. Glad he had some family time.

8. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

SpaceX was probably an unplanned priority. They are busy resolving issues (some not theirs, like the range radar down) and pushing to launch. Its gotta be tough being CEO of two companies simultaneously plus five boys. Whew.

9. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

Twitter feeds, etc could be useful to non-stalkers as they approached a SuperCharger, i.e. 'the coast is clear for your arrival'
    --