Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry but another ridiculous article!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not even going to link the original article it's so bad.... But it was from business insider....

Is there anyone in the planet that really thinks this Camry is better looking than any Model S??

Hilarious!

Screenshot_20190727-134955__01.jpg

I saw a KIA Stinger yesterday. I have to admit I was impressed with the looks. I would have never thought "KIA". Doing a little research today I found that it's stats are also pretty impressive, 0 - 60 in 4.7 seconds. If I had to buy an ICE I don't think it would be a Camry.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Kia is doing big stuff. Not sure if they have shaken off that terrible depreciation yet though
Well, Hyundai started off that way as well, but they sure have improved their product since the first POSs they put out in the 80's. They were so bad some banks wouldn't even make loans on them. I haven't seen an operational 80's Hyundai for at least 20 years. That Stinger sure looked good though. I thought it was a high end BMW when I first saw it like a 7 series.

Reactions: Bill Foster
I'm sorry if you subjectively disagree. I own a Model 3, but think the Model S is gorgeous....
It is gorgeous BUT it is starting to look a little dated. Style is dynamic and changes. Even "perfect" designed cars like the 911 that supposedly stay true to the original design cues still evolve to look more modern. Nothing ridicules if someone sees the Camry's lines as new and more modern looking than the S. They didn't bash the S and in fact complemented it and they DIDN'T say the Camry is a better car.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable opinion for someone to have, even if you and I don't share it.

EDIT: I'll just add: Love just about everything about my Model 3 but.......I did trade a better looking car for it. While subjective of course but most people, not just Model 3 owners, would agree.

IMG_0508.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jlv1 and KG M3
I saw a KIA Stinger yesterday. I have to admit I was impressed with the looks. I would have never thought "KIA". Doing a little research today I found that it's stats are also pretty impressive, 0 - 60 in 4.7 seconds. If I had to buy an ICE I don't think it would be a Camry.

The Stinger is pretty cool from the outside. That interior though... jeez. The silvery plastics are awful.

The S and the M3 both look very modern and attractive, but I don't think they have that "classic" look that will go down in history. Just like an F-15 compares to a Spitfire. I don't know what makes that little difference that puts something into the forever books, but I wish I did because I'd be rich.

Good info. I didn't get to look at the inside.

I have some pictures from the Stinger GT when I sat in one at Carmax while waiting for my Golf R trade-in value to get my Model 3. Here they are. Note the lovely scratched up silver trim on the door, and the scratched up center console, and the fake grilles on the hood. Oy...

I know we complain about the Model 3 details, but this is really bad...
57825361088__3CC71826-0B49-4329-B9C6-5EF8C1806200.JPG
57825361741__38456691-BFFA-4488-A75E-9812B21593A1.JPG
57825365572__A8763F7D-56F6-4BB4-ADC5-1BA4828DA881.JPG

It is gorgeous BUT it is starting to look a little dated. Style is dynamic and changes. Even "perfect" designed cars like the 911 that supposedly stay true to the original design cues still evolve to look more modern. Nothing ridicules if someone sees the Camry's lines as new and more modern looking than the S. They didn't bash the S and in fact complemented it and they DIDN'T say the Camry is a better car.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable opinion for someone to have, even if you and I don't share it.

EDIT: I'll just add: Love just about everything about my Model 3 but.......I did trade a better looking car for it. While subjective of course but most people, not just Model 3 owners, would agree.

View attachment 434825

Wait, you think that's a better looking car? Personally, I wouldn't be seen dead in that, but.., beauty/eye/beholder and all that. Looks like a grandpa-mobile.

Well, we can see how they go
I have some pictures from the Stinger GT when I sat in one at Carmax while waiting for my Golf R trade-in value to get my Model 3. Here they are. Note the lovely scratched up silver trim on the door, and the scratched up center console, and the fake grilles on the hood. Oy...

I know we complain about the Model 3 details, but this is really bad...View attachment 434837View attachment 434838View attachment 434839
Gotta keep the price down somehow. :)

Grandpa??????? I can't count the number of people that came up and ask what kind of car it was and then complimented on how beautiful it was. This HARDLY looks like a grandpa form/shape and NO one ever said that until you.
View attachment 434843
View attachment 434845

Well we can agree to disagree, but I’ve now shown these car pictures to 5 people and all of them gave me a vomit face or other such emoji. Lol.

So ungainly.

But like I said, beauty/eye/beholder. And these new pics are doing the opposite of changing my mind. No need to get upset about it!

(PS Anyone who bought an ELR was a fool with money, by the way. It was a debacle, the price it went for.)