Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry for invading your space, non tesla owner with a question about Hitches.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry guys I don't mean to intrude but doing some research.

I've read on here that the model X comes with a bosal hitch and that the towing kit comes with the bosal 2" reciever adapter? As seen here:

2016-Tesla-Model-X-tow.jpg

Is that True?

Does anyone have the part number for this adapter and/Or the entire towing package?

There are a bunch of us VW owners who want this adapter however bosal has stopped selling it. And I'm wondering if it's possible to order through tesla directly? Who would I call can someone give me contact #'s I need to use for getting a hold of tesla?

This is the part I'm looking for.

BSL043964_8_1000.jpg

Again my apologies for invading your space with my dieselness.... :) But I hope I posted in the right place and I hope you guys can give me leads on finding this piece!

And again if someone wants to sell theirs contact me :)

Sorry guys I don't mean to intrude but doing some research.

I've read on here that the model X comes with a bosal hitch and that the towing kit comes with the bosal 2" reciever adapter? As seen here:

2016-Tesla-Model-X-tow.jpg

Is that True?

Does anyone have the part number for this adapter and/Or the entire towing package?

There are a bunch of us VW owners who want this adapter however bosal has stopped selling it. And I'm wondering if it's possible to order through tesla directly? Who would I call can someone give me contact #'s I need to use for getting a hold of tesla?

This is the part I'm looking for.

BSL043964_8_1000.jpg

Again my apologies for invading your space with my dieselness.... :) But I hope I posted in the right place and I hope you guys can give me leads on finding this piece!

And again if someone wants to sell theirs contact me :)

You are the nicest non-Tesla owner to ever pass through this forum. I hope someone answers your question and helps you out.

Not looking good as far as going through bosal right now

Bosal guy said:
Sorry to give you the bad news but this type of 2 X 2 receiver/hitch is only being made for the OE market. As far as making this for the aftermarket it is just not going to happen.

You can still purchase the ball mount with the 2” ball attached to it from ID Parts in MA. @ 888 444 7951

Thank you

Bosal rep

That's my guess but then maybe we can buy some with your help :) But I bet it will be priced with some crazy figure. Something like the entire tow package is 550$ but just the reciever adapter on it's own is 450$.

Since the accessory hitch option is $200, I would hope it wouldn't be any more than that. The accessory hitch for Model X was originally going to be a free option with a 1.25" hitch receiver, but they changed it to cost $200 and it uses the same 2" hitch receiver.