Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange...I have driver and passenger synced and I see temps either side...the passenger can also hit their temperature and the control panel comes up so they can heat their seat if they want. Pretty intuitive for me
Nah tried to un “split” and it just removes the passengers temp leaving space..

I’ll leave it “split” until the next iteration..

Attachments

• FEFE997E-FA89-4DFD-A1F0-1C97FA177367.jpeg
    FEFE997E-FA89-4DFD-A1F0-1C97FA177367.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 529B19E3-928D-45B7-B419-F21E663B6DA4.jpeg
    529B19E3-928D-45B7-B419-F21E663B6DA4.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 63
Nah tried to un “split” and it just removes the passengers temp leaving space..

I’ll leave it “split” until the next iteration..
I read in another forum that it might be because X screen is portrait and 3 screen is landscape...cant see why the difference though if it shows unsplit but not synced...sorry but your OCD will likely take a hit unless you keep it split!!

You misunderstood, I am not arguing against what people like...I am pushing back against the Stasi who say that these changes are dangerous and unsafe etc. That is nonsense as far as I am concerned. I would be more than happy for Tesla to allow the screen to be fully customizable to each individual taste (within reason...ie cannot do away with speed, speed limits etc). It isnt...yet. But neither is it unsafe or dangerous!
I’m not sure the stasi terminology is warranted here, but burying seat heaters, front and rear defoggers in menus that now require additional taps is just asinine and yes unsafe. Because for turning on the rear defogger, you not only have to go into a separate menu and hit two buttons, but you then also have to turn off the HVAC that turned on without you asking. And if you ever want to confirm the status of the defogger, guess what, before it was zero taps, now it’s two to show climate and then turn it off again.

It's very common for people to assume that a UI that's easy for them is easy for everyone.

It might help to image one's aunt or uncle who's never been "good at computers" fumbling with the V11 defroster in a rented Model 3 in freeway traffic.

For Tesla's UI designers to not imagine such scenarios and to not test usability, that's a rookie mistake even outside safety-critical systems.

One page Usability 101: Usability 101: Introduction to Usability

I’m not sure the stasi terminology is warranted here, but burying seat heaters, front and rear defoggers in menus that now require additional taps is just asinine and yes unsafe. Because for turning on the rear defogger, you not only have to go into a separate menu and hit two buttons, but you then also have to turn off the HVAC that turned on without you asking. And if you ever want to confirm the status of the defogger, guess what, before it was zero taps, now it’s two to show climate and then turn it off again.
You obviously didn't get the Stasi reference. No biggie. I am pushing back ONLY against those that consider this update "dangerous" and "unsafe". It may not be to your liking but to call it unsafe is ridiculous.

Btw, has it been mentioned yet that usb playback now display album covers? I love that they did little tweaks like this that aren't complained about loudly. It's a cool lil gesture for usb playback fans. Now I'll have to make sure I tag my high bitrate FLACs with album covers. yea, it's an OCD thing. 😎
This was actually fixed in the previous v10 update before v11. Also there was a 30 page thread that complained about it loudly since we had album covers originally and an update screwed it up and they didn't fix it for almost a year.

So far I like the update. The blindspot camera innovation is outstanding. It would be best to have a flashing lite on the side view mirror like every other modern car on the road, but since a hardware fix is not feasible, the software fix of showing me the blindspot is pretty clever and effective. I tested it yesterday during highway driving. As cars slowly passed me on the left, I could see them disappear from my rear and side view mirrors while remaining quite visible in the blindspot camera view.

Also in the previous UI, the letters P R N D were in light gray except for the active mode which was in a slightly darker gray. Poor contrast meant not immediately clear whether you were parked, in reverse, in drive, etc. They made the fonts now more distinct. Small, but distinct.
I like the blind spot camera too as it shows more than the mirrors do in the dark. Small point though, it is not a Tesla innovation. Both the Ioniq 5 and the EV6 have it and with a better implementation. Still, glad to have it.

This was actually fixed in the previous v10 update before v11. Also there was a 30 page thread that complained about it loudly since we had album covers originally and an update screwed it up and they didn't fix it for almost a year.
I wish there were Tesla forums with some level of interaction with the team. I've never heard of a single email being sent to them receiving a response. It's like the famous Apple 'Leave Feedback' >nill device

I wish there were Tesla forums with some level of interaction with the team. I've never heard of a single email being sent to them receiving a response. It's like the famous Apple 'Leave Feedback' >nill device

I feel similar. I think it would go along way if there was more communication on some issues now & then. Eg ‘yes we know thank you’. It’s strange that only Elon can post any details and then, of course, those post are oblique. Even simple stuff, no one other the Elon can say anything about.

Reactions: Transformer
I have a collection of SACDs gathering dust but would love to be able to rip them to SSD/USB Drive to playback in 5.1 in the car.

How did you achieve this? Thanks.

There are many variables, but it certainly is possible to rip SACDs to high-quality MP3s

I have a collection of SACDs gathering dust but would love to be able to rip them to SSD/USB Drive to playback in 5.1 in the car.

How did you achieve this? Thanks.
It's a lil convoluted and you need a specific player. But you can get it fairly cheap nowadays on ebay like 30 bux.

lol why would you rip SACD to MP3? Maybe he meant FLAC...

Reactions: Benbo