Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are time I want to turn the wipers off (or down). Now I have to either wipe the windows do to that, or press the car button in the lower left (easy) and then find them in large panel that panels which is not easy. Lots of stuff with lots of button press areas. And it blocks the entire map which I don’t think is a great thing but that’s not my big complaint. How do I shut them off easily? I do that a lot mostly because the auto wiper function doesn’t work well enough.
When you click on the car button, the wiper settings are right in middle, always in the same spot. It's not something you really need to hunt for.

The new ui is really quite good in my opinion - they just didn’t go far enough. Allow more than 4 icons on the bottom, and make the controls into icons that you can optionally add:
-wipers
-heated seats
-heated steering wheel
- trip card
- tire pressure card
- head light controls
Etc

Seems to me that givers most people what they want. They can mostly make it back to the way it was previously or it lets them change it to their heart’s content.

The new ui is really quite good in my opinion - they just didn’t go far enough. Allow more than 4 icons on the bottom, and make the controls into icons that you can optionally add:
-wipers
-heated seats
-heated steering wheel
- trip card
- tire pressure card
- head light controls
Etc

Seems to me that givers most people what they want. They can mostly make it back to the way it was previously or it lets them change it to their heart’s content.
I think this makes sense though something probably needs to be down with the contrast on the map at night too. I really can't see many of the smaller streets.

Reactions: RNHurt and Sporty
One tap of the button on your left stalk gets rid of condensation instantly. And brings up the shortcut wiper menu in case you want to change any other speed settings.
Agree! And this should be where this whole wiper discussion ends… it’s simple and easy… no different than before… not sure why this is still being brought up. Plus the shortcut menu is significantly improved at the bottom of the screen, nice simple design. WELL DONE TESLA! ;-)

Well that haven’t changed with the recent updated. Did you try changing to terrain view? Maybe that may help
Different for me. Last week I could see the streets.

I used navigation at night for the first time this evening on V11. I don't think even the navigation can see the small streets. Navigate home line started some distance from my location and as I could not make out the streets to get to it I drove up and down a bit until it found a spot it could navigate from. Hey I've had Tesla for years, it doesn't upset me as I'm used to it. I just think its funny.

Reactions: Sporty
I just tested it via the link below and there doesn't seem to be true rear channels. They seem to be simulated and play out of both sets of rights or lefts. The center is discrete. The sub seems to have some bleeding in the center channel too. Try it for yourself.

After spending some time to learn the new UI, Overall I like V11 and prefer it to V10. Folks need to get used to pressing one ( additional) icon to get to the screen with the command they need- the Car icon for many common requirements, wiper stalk for wipers, battery indicator( top) for charging & temp icon for all climate related features including seat heaters and defrost. Other common commands can be placed in the four customizable icons at the bottom. Some commands now need two steps instead of one-ex Tire pressure->Car->Service, instead of one swipe on the cards now removed.
Yes, there are several things that can be improved but overall I like it. Understand others may/do not.

I think that we get obsessed by information, especially if we have never had it before. Even though there is an automatic low tire pressure warning, some people want to observe their tire pressure all the time. I understand this, I am obsessed with constantly monitoring my energy usage.....luckily that is still only one click away..

Reactions: RNHurt
I just tested it via the link below and there doesn't seem to be true rear channels. They seem to be simulated and play out of both sets of rights or lefts. The center is discrete. The sub seems to have some bleeding in the center channel too. Try it for yourself.

I think they are, at least when they receive true surround content.

A year ago, I dropped my wife off for an in-patient medical procedure. Due to COVID, I couldn't go inside, so I waited in the car and cueued up an episode of The West Wing on Netflix, on the last day it was available on that platform. Midway through the episode, I heard knocking from the rear of the car and was startled, thinking someone was tapping on my rear window, perhaps to tell me that my wife was done with her procedure. Nope - the scene I was watching was in someone's office, and someone was knocking on the office door, which was behind the camera. Incredibly good surround effects, which I don't have at home, which is why it was so surprising to me.

IMG_2631.JPG

Still not sure what all the complaints about the heated seats all is really about other than being upset something was moved... you click the shortcut button and everything is right there by your fingertips... turn on your heated seats, your defrosters, change the temp or bring up the more in-depth controls...

Maybe they bring it back to the way it was, but this really doesn't seem like that big of a hassle... plus, aren't you using the app to precondition the car 99% of the time before you even get in to drive? Haha, I'm sure this is going to get some people going now so let's hear it... why these two taps are so terrible and unsafe while not considering everything else you're doing while driving. It would be great if the bottom bar allowed for full customization so all this ridiculous banter could stop. Sorry, but this is a much cleaner design IMO. Fire away... ;-)

On the way to work today, I got a chance to test the blind spot monitoring in heavy freeway traffic. It's definitely a useful feature and not gimmicky. The only thing I'd change my opinion about is the cam window position. For me, both top corners would be perfect. Even if they cover other info, it's only for a few seconds.

Other than that, using the UI to change the A/C fan speed and check the tire pressure, dashcam status was simple and straightforward.