Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You really haven't seen any evidence that Tesla is mostly attuned to the younger customer? I have read many complaints from v11 detractors such as "who needs more games?" or "I dont want my car to be an ipad!" and "was this designed by kids for kids"...very telling!

IMO the only people who may resent these changes are possibly drivers who are used to more traditional configurations. New owners, younger drivers and upcoming drivers will, and I think the sales prove/will prove it, are/will be extremely happy with where Tesla is going and what they are doing to disrupt the industry.
Similarly to V11 satisfaction, we do not have concrete evidence that young people flock to Tesla. Do you have any data as to what percentage from young population (however you define it) buy Tesla?

Reactions: Sporty
Theranos was vapor and only greedy fools put their money into that. Tesla has and is delivering. As you mentioned, Tesla has suffered growing pains and people wont put up with it forever but how come brands with over 100 years building cars still have issues like quality yet people still buy them. People will still buy Tesla too. The Tesla wave isn't going to collapse because of a clique that doesn't like v11.

I am driving one of the most advanced and safe cars available today, I can do this without having to burn fossil fuels, I can do it more economically than gas, I can park up, charge and watch a movie or play a game to while away the time, I can accelerate quickly and quietly out of many dangers, I can perform operations using my voice, I can pack a whole load of stuff into the car, way more than a regular sedan, I can sleep in the car with camp mode (try that in an ICE) and leave my dog in the car with a/c yet not have to leave an engine running, I can get updates OTA to boost performance, improve UI and make the car better (last 2 are my opinion), I can engage FSD and sit back and relax while the car passes and changes lane and takes me off at the right ramp, I can enjoy a forward view most ICE sedan owners can only dream of (rear not so good but also not so vital) and on and on.

I welcome other brands to step up and innovate like Tesla is doing. I am open arms to others to show they have a car that can challenge Tesla, not only in the actual vehicle range, but in charging, entertainment. I have yet to see one. Back in 2018 it was 'next year', then in 2019 it was 'next year' then in 2020 it was 'next year...now its 'within 2 years'...what will I be hearing in 2023...'soon' ?
Who’s to say the people investing in Tesla aren’t greedy fools? The point is that there are plenty of fools and stock price is based on many things but reality is frequently not one of them. Maybe it’s a clique that likes V11 that’s helping drive the stock bubble?

I love my Model Y. Less so than I did a month ago, but it’s a good car. The problem is part of it’s value is based on Tesla as a company continuing to improve it. When they throw crap like V11 out my confidence that that it will improve is shattered. I know you have a hard time believing that your Lord and Savior Elon might be wrong, but there are many people that think the same way. It’s not some clique with a conspiracy to bring down Tesla. It’s a diverse group of owners who are miffed that they were duped into upgrading to Windows Vista and they can’t go back.

Will V11 destroy Tesla? Hardly. I dont’ believe that any more than you do, but most companies don’t fall based on a single event. But this is clearly a negative event, whether you can actually see it or not. I’m more worried about the underlying causes to V11. You have a poorly thought out, poorly designed update that emphasizes frivolity over function. Even if you like the direction, it’s riddled with bugs and design choices that were clearly not well thought out.

These are the hard-hitting questions… answers? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
Hard hitting? Hardly. Might the reason people haven’t sold their car be the fact that they have $60k invested in it? Or they’re still paying on their loan? Or the fact that they can’t readily obtain another car? Maybe the better question would be “would you buy the car again at this point.” clearly, V10 was absolutely atrocious and yet you didn’t sell your car, why not?

Here are some hard hitting questions:
  • Why is it more important to put a toybox on the main screen than it is to put driving controls?
  • How did having the function icons on the main screen harm usability before?
  • While are items which should never be used while driving like the arcade games or the web browser available but items which everyone needs like the defroster and seat heaters not availiable?
  • If They wanted to let people customize the main screen, why didn’t they leave the items on and give the option for the 4 people who don’t want them to remove them?
  • How is going into a menu for something easier than having it on the main screen?
  • Why did they remove the ability to easily monitor energy usage/efficiency for the current trip?
  • Why did they hide the battery on navigation system?
  • Why did they waste hours programming a light show rather than fixing bugs in the software?
I’ve asked these questions several times and no one has been able to answer them. Instead we get answers like “it’s not that bad” “you can use voice commands”

Last edited:
LOL. Now you've jumped the 🦈

You've previously made an effective case against some of the changes in the V11 UI. We get it. But even in the hotbed of UI negativity that is the TMC forums, I think it's clear to me that an increasingly number of people have gotten used to the changes and are just waiting to see if some of user complaints about the most annoying features are addressed.
No - see my post above. I’m not saying V11 will sink tesla, rather that it’s a negative event that colors people‘s views and that Tesla can’t simply assume that the competition will never come like Blackberry did.

The criticism isn’t just on TMC forums, either - just do a google search. I’ve gotten used to V11, too. I still hate it, but I have no choice but to wait and see if people’s complaints will be addressed.

Reactions: Boza and Sporty
First of all, I think your idea of who Tesla is as a company is strongly mistaken. There is a constant massive R&D project taking place to advance AI, that's the bulk of this and the push for FSD. The value is primarily in the software and technology, while creating an alternative more sustainable energy source. It's amusing that reading a few 'like-minded' posts about seat heaters being moved results in a failing car company. These Swiss cheese arguments have to stop, use facts if you're going to reference percentages and figures.
V11, by itself is not the issue. The problem is that it is yet another symptom of a trend of low quality and ignoring basic things for no other reason than to be different.
Do I need to list all quality issues that Tesla has?! They are mid-level, at best (there are a ton of articles on the matter).

Their main advantage is in the drivetrain and battery/BMS. But others are catching up. In a couple of years, when Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche come up with similarly priced cars, better performance, same range and charging network and Tesla is not the only game in town, how would something like V11, issues with suspension, heat pump, front half axels, secretly removing feature, etc (and I am focusing on big ones) would play out?

Hard hitting? Hardly. Might the reason people haven’t sold their car be the fact that they have $60k invested in it? Or they’re still paying on their loan? Or the fact that they can’t readily obtain another car? Maybe the better question would be “would you buy the car again at this point.” clearly, V10 was absolutely atrocious and yet you didn’t sell your car, why not?
Wake up there doc... these are some of the only cars on the market that hold their value. And, no sir, a car is not an investment, it's a depreciable asset... still, this has little to do with the subject matter... plus, no one said v10 was atrocious. You're making things up now, take it easy. V10 was fine... Tesla realized it needed improvement and delivered an outstanding update... they'll do it again with v12 just so you can have another meltdown.
Here are some hard hitting questions:
  • Why is it more important to put a toybox on the main screen than it is to put driving controls?
Not sure, why did you put it there? I didn't, I have my phone audio controls and the rear camera on my CUSTOMIZABLE bar. You should move it if you don't like the games.
  • How did having the function icons on the main screen harm usability before?
Clutter and not necessary... and define "function icons" since every icon has a function.
  • While are items which should never be used while driving like the arcade games or the web browser available but items which everyone needs like the defroster and seat heaters not availiable?
They are easily available, tap the screen and adjust. How often are you really adjusting your seat heater... plus they added an auto feature and you should use the app to precondition your car so it's perfect when you get in if it's that important to you...come on... maybe you've used that seat heater too much and that rear end needs to cool down a bit there.
  • If They wanted to let people customize the main screen, why didn’t they leave the items on and give the option for the 4 people who don’t want them to remove them?
4 people? Again...this is just silly... there are more than 4 people on this forum who like the ability to change the menu and I know of more people from the local club here that aren't even on this forum that like it. Sorry, this is so upsetting to you... but it's not "if they wanted..." they did... LOL
  • How is going into a menu for something easier than having it on the main screen?
Terribly phrased question... depends on what you're talking about... we've been over this countless times.
  • Why did they remove the ability to easily monitor energy usage/efficiency for the current trip?
You can put the energy monitor in place of the toy box that you hate so much... you really need more time with the UI before criticizing it. It can be one-touch away, just like you want.
  • Why did they hide the battery on navigation system?
The battery is on the screen. What are you referring to here?
  • Why did they waste hours programming a light show rather than fixing bugs in the software?
They fixed bugs, and software is always going to have issues. It's a waste to you but some people like it. Tough time getting over the fact that there are other people with differing opinions out there, you don't have to agree with it but it's the only car on the market that does it and guess what... it resulted in tons of YouTube videos that people posted and saw... hence their word of mouth "marketing" to... what demo would that be? Hmm... I'll let you think about that...
I’ve asked these questions several times and no one has been able to answer them. Instead we get answers like “it’s not that bad” “you can use voice commands”
Again... not an accurate statement but you're only hearing what you want to hear. By the way, voice commands can be used too since you're looking for that answer that hasn't been used yet. And I'm certainly not saying, "it's not that bad" because it's freaking great, it's a great improvement in the right direction that will continue to be fine-tuned and worked on... heck, v12 may be another total redesign, who knows?! ENJOY YOUR CAR!

So what actually is keeping you from selling your car? What do you like about it?
Why do fanboys like you never address the issues mentioned by those who give valid criticism?

No one of the "V11 haters" said the car was bad overall because of it, or that Tesla as a company was doomed because of it.

All we said was that for the first time an update brought with it more negatives than positives, and no one of the fanboys has properly addressed this.
Comments along the lines of "why don't you sell your car then" or "so what, it's more complicated, I don't care and neither should you" or other snide remarks don't help at all. I guess most of these comments come from people who either haven't had their car for very long or who don't care about ergonomics and user friendliness in a car anyway.

It's a fact that V11 made many things more complicated. Having to do two or three taps instead of one is more complicated, even if it doesn't take much more time, it's just unnecessary and was totally uncalled for.

What I would like to know (and what none of the fanboys has yet answered to) is what advantages the update has brought. If you defend it all the time, at least tell us what for you the positive takeaways in daily driving are that V11 has brought and what it has made easier and better than before. Don't just dismiss valid criticism by saying "no one needs or should need that deleted/now hidden feature anyway".

Oh and above all, some said the UI now is "less cluttered" than under V11. Apart from the fact that you could hardly call the V10 UI cluttered in any way, what part of the V11 screen is less cluttered? Apart from the fact that the trip info tab is now unavailable, nothing is less cluttered. It's just a different kind of clutter.

Last edited:
Why do fanboys like you never address the issues mentioned by those who give valid criticism?

No one of the "V11 haters" said the car was bad overall because of it, or that Tesla as a company was doomed because of it.

All we said was that for the first time an update brought with it more negatives than positives, and no one of the fanboys has properly addressed this.
Comments along the lines of "why don't you sell your car then" or "so what, it's more complicated, I don't care and neither should you" or other snide remarks don't help at all. I guess most of these comments come from people who either haven't had their car for very long or who don't care about ergonomics and user friendliness in a car anyway.

It's a fact that V11 made many things more complicated. Having to do two or three taps instead of one is more complicated, even if it doesn't take much more time, it's just unnecessary and was totally uncalled for.

What I would like to know (and what none of the fanboys has yet answered to) is what advantages the update has brought. If you defend it all the time, at least tell us what for you the positive takeaways in daily driving are that V11 has brought and what it has made easier and better than before. Don't just dismiss valid criticism by saying "no one needs or should need that deleted/now hidden feature anyway".

Oh and above all, some said the UI now is "less cluttered" than under V11. Apart from the fact that you could hardly call the V10 UI cluttered in any way, what part of the V11 screen is less cluttered? Apart from the fact that the trip info tab is now unavailable, nothing is less cluttered. It's just a different kind of clutter.
When someone says they are going to tell other people that the car has problems, it is a natural question to ask why they keep the car if they are unsatisfied. Sporty came back and gave some very good answers as to why and they FAR outweigh his dislike of the UI.

What tickles me is people like you calling others 'fanboys' as if it was a bad thing! You clearly don't understand. This update as far as I am concerned (and many others) brought more positives than negatives. You just seem to think your way is the only way. Wake up call: it isn't!

Its not more complicated either. For myself (and many others) it is less complicated and more structured. Detractors HATE that many love this update. You just cant seem to understand it. I totally get others not liking it, that is totally their right. All I do is correct the idiots that now spout out that this is a 'dangerous' update. Utter nonsense that deserves to be laughed at. If you personally don't like it then that's just fine by me. Start spouting it is dangerous and I have pushed back. I mean did you see the guy who was talking about text messages being harder to read and yet was adamant that it was dangerous to take his eyes of the road to swipe up to see if seat heaters were on or not. Laughable nonsense!

The advantages? many for me. Easier controls for one. Swipe up and all the controls for climate right there. Press car icon and most of the important stuff is right there. That's great. Maps toggle is great for removing all those annoying business and food stops out of the map. Removing clutter from top of screen with all those tiny icons. Try hitting that tiny record button while driving along (because apparently NOBODY (LOL) wants to honk their horn) as opposed to hitting the large car icon next to your right hand and then the HUGE record button is right there. The old card system was very hit and miss...half the time driving along I would swipe the car in error because it wasn't always easy to hit the swipe 'sweet spot'. Much better the button to press in my opinion.

When someone says they are going to tell other people that the car has problems, it is a natural question to ask why they keep the car if they are unsatisfied.
As mentioned before, there are no viable alternatives at the moment. Lack of alternative does not mean that we like it. It means that we are contempt with it until those alternatives show up… or Tesla changes the approach.

As mentioned before, there are no viable alternatives at the moment. Lack of alternative does not mean that we like it. It means that we are contempt with it until those alternatives show up… or Tesla changes the approach.
'content' I think you mean. As for alternatives...you are spot on...hence why Tesla can afford to be more radical in their approach. If it works, well time will tell. My money is on it will work.

See, automation in action - spellchecker knows better than me :) The good thing is that I can override it, when I pay attention, that is…

“Radical” is not necessarily “progressive” or “good”. In a lot of cases it is an euphemism for “plain stupid”. I hope they are in the former, not the latter category, and get their stih together because I like the mission. But it require some serious work on their side. (I have a broader concern, not just V11). Otherwise, the market is very efficient albeit painful.

Last edited:
Pretty sure all of your criticism has been addressed multiple times at this point. Why you gotta be such a hater? LOL, let's take a journey through your ever so kind post here...
Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit here huh?
Only according to you and your opinion. It has been addressed countless times, go back and read... LOL, this is comical at best because clearly "properly" has a different definition in your world... meaning, if someone isn't agreeing with you then it's wrong... just about the same as being in elementary school and arguing over what flavor ice cream is better, chocolate or vanilla?
Comments along the lines of "why don't you sell your car then" or "so what, it's more complicated, I don't care and neither should you" or other snide remarks don't help at all.
And your remarks are what exactly? Yeah...exactly...oh the irony...
I guess most of these comments come from people who either haven't had their car for very long or who don't care about ergonomics and user friendliness in a car anyway.
Doesn't matter how long you've had your car, heck v11 could be your first Tesla and so what? You're either going to enjoy the car or not. Please define user friendliness because to many, actually most with the exception of a very small portion of v11 haters on this board and reddit, v11 is FAR more user friendly, especially when it comes to ergonomics. We can argue this back and forth but at the end of the day, it's all opinion based, tough concept to understand I guess...
For you... remain close minded in trying to understand what anyone has said on here, read what you want to believe... but just a piece of friendly advice here, you're still driving the car right? If you're not getting rid of it then you should try to understand it more so you can enjoy it. Why be pissed off every time you get in your car because of changes that make the user experience even better ONCE you can finally let go of the way things use to be...
It's been answered plenty of times... IT'S THE F'N TITLE OF THIS BOARD! LOL. There is plenty of logic as to why certain things were moved but it takes a willingness to understand that you either want to try or remain set in your ways of the past. Use your app to precondition your car, use the automatic seat heater function or make the ONE TAP to bring up the control to adjust it, use the stalk to change your wiper controls, enjoy the automation and driving experience on AP with the most advanced AI in any car on the market. How many times does that need to be said... yet, here you are saying "It has yet to be answered" - LMFAO, we get it... you just want to pout... it's ok, perspective is everything
It is definitely less cluttered. You're going off the deep end pal... simply means that they cleaned it up even more, doesn't mean v10 was bad necessarily, but the data they collect shows what people are using and what they're not using... this was already answered by TexasTezla annnnnnnnd many other posts, yet again, so I won't go on here.

Boy is this FUN! I love how it's a bad thing to actually enjoy a car we paid for... everyone here is a fanboy, yourself included AustinPowers, YEAAAAAHHHH BABY!!! You're on a f'n Tesla message board! LMFAO, the irony in all of this is just incredible. But really though, why keep a car that you continue to say is so terrible and so dangerous?

The argument was about timing. When the windshield starts to fog up you need to react right away; cannot wait for appropriate moment to divert your attention - which amplifies the issue.
While I get this argument on the surface, and I readily admit that as a resident of SoCal I may not appreciate the use cases for this function in other parts of the country, I can’t help but think this is being overstated a bit.

Basically before the defroster was towards the right of the screen in a row of relatively tight touch targets. Yes, you could hit it in 1 tap and yes it was easy to see at a glance it’s on. But hitting that little icon reliably did require some diversion of attention.

In can be activated in 3 ways in v11…

- The climate quick controls
- Taping on the temperature to bring up climate controls
- Swiping up anywhere along the bottom of the screen to bring up the climate controls

Once the climate controls are up, there is a pretty chunky button (much easier to hit) that is also closer to the driver for the defroster. Yes this requires additional action, but that action is easier to reliably perform and both taps are closer to the driver.

I think it’s a bigger issue for people in that it necessitates disregarding potentially years worth of muscle memory to form new ones. Not saying that isn’t a valid complaint, just that for a new Tesla driver I don’t know if this would be that big of a deal.

I am not arguing that it is not available. Objectively, it is harder to use.
For you. Easier for most others.
What is the benefit of making a driver-related function in a car harder to use?
You're pushing a button on a stalk... if that's hard then maybe someone shouldn't be driving a Tesla? Not sure of the challenge here really... or are you being sarcastic because it's really so simple and easy to do with various ways that it can be done as previously mentioned about 1,000 times throughout this forum?

Reactions: Freshtry
Wake up there doc... these are some of the only cars on the market that hold their value. And, no sir, a car is not an investment, it's a depreciable asset... still, this has little to do with the subject matter... plus, no one said v10 was atrocious. You're making things up now, take it easy. V10 was fine... Tesla realized it needed improvement and delivered an outstanding update... they'll do it again with v12 just so you can have another meltdown.
Wow - it must be tiring to be so obtuse and pedantic. Let me see if I can make it simple enough for you:
Not sure, why did you put it there? I didn't, I have my phone audio controls and the rear camera on my CUSTOMIZABLE bar. You should move it if you don't like the games.
The programmers designed V11 so Toybox can be made a favorite but controls necessary for driving cannot. They decided that the toy box and games and the web browser and the dashcam viewer were more important.
Clutter and not necessary... and define "function icons" since every icon has a function.
You say clutter and not necessary then say every icon has a function. Make up your mind. Clearly a large number of people here thought they were necessary. If you didn't, they were out of the way and didn't interfere, unless you were so distractible that you had to focus on the LTE symbol in the top corner, but then, maybe you shouldn't be driving.
They are easily available, tap the screen and adjust. How often are you really adjusting your seat heater... plus they added an auto feature and you should use the app to precondition your car so it's perfect when you get in if it's that important to you...come on... maybe you've used that seat heater too much and that rear end needs to cool down a bit there.
Sigh - to quote Al Pacino, "we got ourselves a moron here." In what world is going into a submenu more available than having it on the main screen? Many people have also explained how 'automatic' doesn't obviate the need for the control.
4 people? Again...this is just silly... there are more than 4 people on this forum who like the ability to change the menu and I know of more people from the local club here that aren't even on this forum that like it. Sorry, this is so upsetting to you... but it's not "if they wanted..." they did... LOL
Pedantic and hyper literal. not unlike my teenagers.
Terribly phrased question... depends on what you're talking about... we've been over this countless times.
Nope. Quite clear. Try reading it again.
You can put the energy monitor in place of the toy box that you hate so much... you really need more time with the UI before criticizing it. It can be one-touch away, just like you want.
Perhaps you should think about your answers before criticizing people. The energy monitor is a terrible substitute for the Wh/mi that was easily available in the cards before. Not only does it give you less useful information, it takes an entire screen to do so. I never used it in V10 and it isn't any more useful now.
The battery is on the screen. What are you referring to here?
The nav screen in V10 would display the estimated battery life at arrival. In V11 it hides this information. You really need more time with the UI.
They fixed bugs, and software is always going to have issues. It's a waste to you but some people like it. Tough time getting over the fact that there are other people with differing opinions out there, you don't have to agree with it but it's the only car on the market that does it and guess what... it resulted in tons of YouTube videos that people posted and saw... hence their word of mouth "marketing" to... what demo would that be? Hmm... I'll let you think about that...
Doesn't really answer the question but OK.
Again... not an accurate statement but you're only hearing what you want to hear. By the way, voice commands can be used too since you're looking for that answer that hasn't been used yet. And I'm certainly not saying, "it's not that bad" because it's freaking great, it's a great improvement in the right direction that will continue to be fine-tuned and worked on... heck, v12 may be another total redesign, who knows?! ENJOY YOUR CAR!
Umm...yeah, you just proved my point.

For you. Easier for most others.

You're pushing a button on a stalk... if that's hard then maybe someone shouldn't be driving a Tesla? Not sure of the challenge here really... or are you being sarcastic because it's really so simple and easy to do with various ways that it can be done as previously mentioned about 1,000 times throughout this forum?
So, tapping 3 times is easier than tapping once?! Tapping is easier than glancing over?! Not seeing secondary roads when navigating is easier than seeing them?! Having to turn on HVAC in order to start seat warmers is easier than just staring the seat warmers?! Are you serious?!

I don’t know what Tesla you are driving but I have not seen one that uses stalks to control defogger/defroster/seat warmers. Hell, I haven’t heard of _any_ car having that control.

Wow - it must be tiring to be so obtuse and pedantic. Let me see if I can make it simple enough for you:

The programmers designed V11 so Toybox can be made a favorite but controls necessary for driving cannot. They decided that the toy box and games and the web browser and the dashcam viewer were more important.

You say clutter and not necessary then say every icon has a function. Make up your mind. Clearly a large number of people here thought they were necessary. If you didn't, they were out of the way and didn't interfere, unless you were so distractible that you had to focus on the LTE symbol in the top corner, but then, maybe you shouldn't be driving.

Sigh - to quote Al Pacino, "we got ourselves a moron here." In what world is going into a submenu more available than having it on the main screen? Many people have also explained how 'automatic' doesn't obviate the need for the control.

Pedantic and hyper literal. not unlike my teenagers.

Nope. Quite clear. Try reading it again.

Perhaps you should think about your answers before criticizing people. The energy monitor is a terrible substitute for the Wh/mi that was easily available in the cards before. Not only does it give you less useful information, it takes an entire screen to do so. I never used it in V10 and it isn't any more useful now.

The nav screen in V10 would display the estimated battery life at arrival. In V11 it hides this information. You really need more time with the UI.

Doesn't really answer the question but OK.

Umm...yeah, you just proved my point.
LOL, you special 😂🤣😂 take the red pill buddy, you've gone full Simple Jack, there's no coming back from that...and this post made it clear. LOL, well done.

• Disagree
Reactions: smogne41 and PACEMD
LOL, you special 😂🤣😂 take the red pill buddy, you've gone full Simple Jack, there's no coming back from that...and this post made it clear. LOL, well done.
Sometimes I can only shake my head at how you go about ignoring or shrugging off valid criticism.

I have read all the replies in this and many other threads on the subject.
Some I can kind of understand why people talk themselves into thinking something that is more complicated is better for them. Kudos to Tesla for conditioning these people so effectively.
Other aspects mentioned just don't make sense to me, as the things mentioned don't exist in my Model 3. Like this "record" functionality that some have mentioned. What's that even supposed to be? Or the mention of restaurants, shops et. al. in the nav screen. There is no such thing in the German version. All you can show on the map other than roads are charging stations and Tesla service stations.
Or the suggestion of using voice commands as an alternative. For the German language version there are only three things you can do with voice commands anyway (searching for songs, entering a nav destination, calling a phone number). Perhaps the English language version has other commands as well or other things you can use it for. If so, good for you, no use to me unfortunately. Always keep in mind that international versions of the software are often limited versus what you might have!

As for "enjoying the best AI out there", riiight, "Autopilot" is so unpredictable with its random phantom emergency braking on open highways without any traffic, losing clearly marked lanes, or failure to execute a simple overtaking maneuver that it's not deserving of the name. "Summon", even in its castrated form we get in Germany, doesn't work 99% of the times I would have needed it, the oh so intelligent auto sensing wipers can't manage any condition other than no rain (perhaps they were tested in Nevada) - yet still I don't sell my car. Surprised? Guess not. And it's not because I am a Tesla-holic but because I weigh the positives and the negatives. As long as my overall satisfaction with my Model 3 outweighs my anger about certain shortcomings I will keep it. But I do know that for me and my daily use cases, the V11 upgrade has been a major source of anger.
Just for you to understand, my reasons are:
- I used the trip info tab on every drive
- where I live one touch activation of defroster and even more so defogger was a real bonus
- the lower bar of icons suited my needs perfectly
- I only use Spotify for music and never play games or use any of the other gimmicks, so don't need those icons as customizable
- I generally prefer one tap over multiple taps to access the same function

The only bonus of V11 would be the camera image shown when signaling, but even that is only useful in summer and during daytime. During the night the image is blurry at best, and with our winter weather conditions the cameras get so dirty after a few minutes of driving in the rain/snow and dirty roads that even during daytime the image hardly shows anything other than a fogged up blurr. No matter whether you clean the cameras after every drive or not.

And as for reading comprehension, may I remind you, your high-and-mightyness, that I am not a native speaker of English. So yes, I might have a harder time understanding some comments here than on some German Tesla forum, but I would wager to guess that I am doing at least ok.

Last edited: