Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the new UI. I think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. By the way, ever try to slice bread while driving? I keep getting reminded by the interior camera that I should pay attention. What's the deal with that? I always pay attention when slicing bread. I don't want to get cut, who would? Seems downright silly that.........

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: rjpjnk
1. You don’t need to flash anyone to activate headlights card. 2. Quick tap on arrow next to temp brings up you precious defog button. Lord the end is coming. I can make same argument about talking on the phone while driving also contributes to being distracted but apparently you are super human and it doesn’t effect you. Carry on.
How do you activate the headlight card without flashing the high beams?

Wow, such nice comments from the 'v10 crowd' lately... hopefully things change for you soon, it's a lot more enjoyable once you learn how to use the new UI.

Just out of pure curiosity, for those complaining about the tire pressure, heated seats, dash cam recordings, etc... Do you still actively use those features on v11 or have you stopped because "they're too dangerous" now? And if you do still use them, are you doing so while driving?

In my climate I _have_ to use seat warmers and defogger/defroster. Since the last tax reform I also _have_ to pay higher taxes. Adaptation does not mean the change is beneficial for me. There are studies that such forced non-beneficial changes lead to building resentment. Resentment is amplified if there is no way to communicate complains or the complains are ignored. Sounds familiar?
If I am treated as being part of a transaction and not a relationship then I will behave that way. Once what I bought becomes a commodity (which will happen in the next couple of years) then I will engage in another transaction with someone who is more focused on relationship.
Yes, I am more careful in using those features which negatively affects my driving.

They _think_ they have superhuman abilities to quickly switch and multitask. There are so many studies proving that, in reality, they are bad at all those things that they claim they do.
The Tesla does it for you, truly amazing. Solved! Now it's just you and the open road, full of focus and ambition to be the best version of yourself.

Impressive breakthroughs today with this crowd, you should be proud of yourselves. Well done!

They _think_ they have superhuman abilities to quickly switch and multitask. There are so many studies proving that, in reality, they are bad at all those things that they claim they do.
I personally set everything to auto and don’t try to change things while driving. Seems like people who complain the most are the ones who are always fiddling with screen while driving.

Last edited:
I would _love_ to be able to set everything to “auto” and forget about it. The fact that the quasi-auto settings work for you only does not mean that they work for their general target population. Unfortunately, Tesla is failing in the “auto” department:
- My car does not have auto seat warmers, which, by definition, is a very weird idea. How would the car know my physical and emotional state at the moment?! Hell, sometimes I don’t even know it!
- Auto wipers. My 2005 Audi S4 had auto wipers that were levels above Tesla - which simply do not work.
- Auto high beams. Tesla lowers the beams on traffic signs and the Moon. Off they go.
- Auto screen brightness. It turns out that turning it off and keeping it at 15% does not require any interactions; leaving it to “auto” requires constant adjustments. Off it is.
- Auto Pilot. Get scared of semis, overpasses and flashing lights. I use it only on straight highways, constantly scanning for overpasses to make sure that someone does not rear end me.
- Full Self Driving. Useless in cities, clueless on the highway when it needs to take an exit. I use it only as an assist for keeping within lanes and showing me the lanes in bad visibility. Most of the time it is OK for parking but make sure it does not try to park over another car.

None of those are unique for Tesla and some of them are better with other brands. Tesla should stop with all that “automation” bs and focus on the EV. They have the best EV on the planet but others, who know how to build and service quality luxury cars, are catching up.

I would _love_ to be able to set everything to “auto” and forget about it. The fact that the quasi-auto settings work for you only does not mean that they work for their general target population. Unfortunately, Tesla is failing in the “auto” department:
- My car does not have auto seat warmers, which, by definition, is a very weird idea. How would the car know my physical and emotional state at the moment?! Hell, sometimes I don’t even know it!
- Auto wipers. My 2005 Audi S4 had auto wipers that were levels above Tesla - which simply do not work.
- Auto high beams. Tesla lowers the beams on traffic signs and the Moon. Off they go.
- Auto screen brightness. It turns out that turning it off and keeping it at 15% does not require any interactions; leaving it to “auto” requires constant adjustments. Off it is.
- Auto Pilot. Get scared of semis, overpasses and flashing lights. I use it only on straight highways, constantly scanning for overpasses to make sure that someone does not rear end me.
- Full Self Driving. Useless in cities, clueless on the highway when it needs to take an exit. I use it only as an assist for keeping within lanes and showing me the lanes in bad visibility. Most of the time it is OK for parking but make sure it does not try to park over another car.

None of those are unique for Tesla and some of them are better with other brands. Tesla should stop with all that “automation” bs and focus on the EV. They have the best EV on the planet but others, who know how to build and service quality luxury cars, are catching up.
Auto for wipers in sub zero high humidity icing conditions is beyond failure, makes it 30x worse.

I've needed to cycle front and rear defrosters over 10x continuously in one drive, and use an entire bottle of window cleaning fluid in the same 200 mile drive.

Auto everything has to be off in those conditions.

Super happy for everyone who never has to do that.

If you left it on auto, you'd have half an inch of ice on your windshield in 1-2 miles.

Shut. Up. about the car doing everything for you.

Auto for wipers in sub zero high humidity icing conditions is beyond failure, makes it 30x worse.

I've needed to cycle front and rear defrosters over 10x continuously in one drive, and use an entire bottle of window cleaning fluid in the same 200 mile drive.

If you left it on auto, you'd have half an inch of ice on your windshield in 1-2 miles.

And the weird part is that manual controls are needed exactly in those adverse conditions where one _must not_ take their eyes off the road.

Look at critical systems design principles. All of them have a big red button that is super visible, intuitive and easy to access. The idea is never to use it but if you have to - it is right there.

“All input is an error”, remember? I would love to have working auto <anything>. But if I need manual override that means that something is really wrong (error) and I need to take over, immediately.

Lol aren’t the one who brought up TMC full of people that aren’t welcoming? And then went ahead and told me to Shut up about car doing everything for me? Classy.

Reactions: Tezlowski
And the weird part is that manual controls are needed exactly in those adverse conditions where one _must not_ take their eyes off the road.

Look at critical systems design principles. All of them have a big red button that is super visible, intuitive and easy to access. The idea is never to use it but if you have to - it is right there.

“All input is an error”, remember? I would love to have working auto <anything>. But if I need manual override that means that something is really wrong (error) and I need to take over, immediately.
And that brings us to easy fix with introduction of additional icons that could be put up on lower screen so that people in different climates can adjust and prioritize.

And that brings us to easy fix with introduction of additional icons that could be put up on lower screen so that people in different climates can adjust and prioritize.
Definitely! Like they had it in V10. But we are left wondering why that hasn’t happened yet vs. the entertainment app launcher. Priorities, I guess…