Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm shocked there hasn't been any commotion about the latest and greatest update! YOU GOT YOUR CUSTOMIZED HEATERS!!!

As said, and now proven, Elon & Co. listen to their consumers and continue to improve the UI and the AI. Of course they are still working on more improvements but surely you've come around to enjoying v11 much more now.
A broken clock is correct twice a day.

Giving us back functionality we lost isn't a 'win' it's barely a 'draw'.
V11 still looks absolutely awful compared to the premium, crisp, clean look of V10 at the end.
We still don't have sensible trip consumption, without it taking up the whole map screen.

Obviously they would never admit defeat and rollback but unless there are major improvements this will be my first and last Tesla, especially now they have said the UK supercharger network will be opened up to other manufacturers.

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

Giving us back functionality we lost isn't a 'win' it's barely a 'draw'.
V11 still looks absolutely awful compared to the premium, crisp, clean look of V10 at the end.
We still don't have sensible trip consumption, without it taking up the whole map screen.

Obviously they would never admit defeat and rollback but unless there are major improvements this will be my first and last Tesla, especially now they have said the UK supercharger network will be opened up to other manufacturers.
The idea that the car can change is one of it’s greatest charms...the UI might morph into something great or it could be replaced a dozen times before my car wears out...I did prefer the old one....but in all honesty I can’t get worked up about it

The idea that the car can change is one of it’s greatest charms...the UI might morph into something great or it could be replaced a dozen times before my car wears out...I did prefer the old one....but in all honesty I can’t get worked up about it
So making nearly everything more difficult is a 'charm'? Interesting.

So making nearly everything more difficult is a 'charm'? Interesting.
What is your problem?
F62E3E3F-789E-4F55-9EA3-C643DE566728.png

I'm shocked there hasn't been any commotion about the latest and greatest update! YOU GOT YOUR CUSTOMIZED HEATERS!!!

As said, and now proven, Elon & Co. listen to their consumers and continue to improve the UI and the AI. Of course they are still working on more improvements but surely you've come around to enjoying v11 much more now.
Pardon me for not heaping praise on our living-god cult leader for adding a few buttons back that should never have been taken away. And taking months to do it. Am I happy they are back? Hell yeah. Do I suddenly have trust in Tesla? Hell no.

As a new MYLR owner who hasn't experienced v10, I've found the main screen and controls menu in v11 easy to learn and follow, while most everything I want to see or do is available within two taps. In any case, the initial impression is that it seems a lot friendlier and organized vs. what I recall of the UI for my test drive in August 2020 (whatever version that was). I wasn't a fan of the evenly spaced, ungrouped, gray icons across the bottom of the screen, so the colored icons and grouping of the climate controls and apps are an improvement. Tapping on the temperature to bring up the climate dashboard is nice, but other than setting the direction of airflow through the vents, we rarely do anything but use the Auto function and adjust the temperature from the home screen. I needed the front defroster once and it was simple enough to turn on.

I can empathize somewhat with the v10 fans that had pet functions that are less accessible or removed in v11. I'm dealing with a similar issue with Windows 11 on a new PC and there are items I've grown used to and relied upon in Windows 10 that have been similarly changed to be less accessible.

I hope I still feel this positive when v12 comes out. :)

As a new MYLR owner who hasn't experienced v10, I've found the main screen and controls menu in v11 easy to learn and follow, while most everything I want to see or do is available within two taps. In any case, the initial impression is that it seems a lot friendlier and organized vs. what I recall of the UI for my test drive in August 2020 (whatever version that was). I wasn't a fan of the evenly spaced, ungrouped, gray icons across the bottom of the screen, so the colored icons and grouping of the climate controls and apps are an improvement. Tapping on the temperature to bring up the climate dashboard is nice, but other than setting the direction of airflow through the vents, we rarely do anything but use the Auto function and adjust the temperature from the home screen. I needed the front defroster once and it was simple enough to turn on.

I can empathize somewhat with the v10 fans that had pet functions that are less accessible or removed in v11. I'm dealing with a similar issue with Windows 11 on a new PC and there are items I've grown used to and relied upon in Windows 10 that have been similarly changed to be less accessible.

I hope I still feel this positive when v12 comes out. :)
"while most everything I want to see or do is available within two taps."

As opposed to 1 tap in V10. Everything, literally everything is now an extra tap away. More time with eyes off the road.

Only if your car can support that, otherwise it is a non starter

Neither do the Elon-always-knows-best crowd.

Name 1 thing that's easier to do in V11.

I'll start; the trip meter....oh no wait
I’ve noticed that reading comprehension isn’t a strength of yours. What part of ”As a new MYLR owner who hasn't experienced v10” was difficult to comprehend?

You keep doing you, Boo. You’re funny!

I’ve noticed that reading comprehension isn’t a strength of yours. What part of ”As a new MYLR owner who hasn't experienced v10” was difficult to comprehend?

Ahh insults, didn't take long did it poppet. Bless.

"I wasn't a fan of the evenly spaced, ungrouped, gray icons across the bottom of the screen, so the colored icons and grouping of the climate controls and apps are an improvement"

No they aren't. Having to tap 2 or 3 levels deep on something that was one tap away before is NOT an improvement.

Seems you prefer circa 2012 android icons in awful colours to clean, crisp icons though, so maybe your reasoning is faulty.

Hi, welcome to the club. I appreciate your honest assessment as someone born into v11.
You'll notice a few sticklers around here still insist that v11 is worse than v10 in some absolute sense rather than just opinion, and it annoys the heck out of them if you point out anything good about it. Enjoy the ride! :)

I'm sort of switching teams. I like v11. Prefer it now to v10 in some ways.

Never could choose correctly between music and wiper icons, almost always chose the wrong one.

I prefer the temp setting closer to the driver, not in the middle of a cluster of confusion.

I'll take the colored icons over flat UI of v10. Never liked that. I'd prefer more subtlety and refinement of the colors and shapes, but it's easier to tell them apart.

I like the subwoofer audio control, actually sounds a lot better.

I'm not giving any passes to many of the obvious flubs with overlapping cards, too small font on charging page, stuff like that, and I'm still critical of the release planning, or lack of.

It's still not finished. Should have been opt in and reversible until every detail is really fully fleshed out, bugs found and fixed, maybe 2022.16, if we're lucky?

Could have easily added the fun stuff to v10 for holiday surprises, light show, sonic, and add/re-order nav waypoints.

That seems like a better path for the masses. Heck charge club membership for true early access,$1000 a pop, and warnings that it could brick your car or something.

But whatever, I'm done looking back, super happy with the car, really worried more about my family's health, and people suffering around the world.

(not going to "defend" v11 at all, that's just childish. Happy to engage in thoughtful debate though, that's why I'm here).

I prefer the new UI, as I have stated, others do not. I hated the "cards" and find the new UI more intuitive and overall better, easier, and safer to use. But it is what it is. We all have different experiences. I will shed no tears if I have to look in a new place for a tap or if I now have to tap twice where it was previously once or once where it was previously twice. Seriously, to descent into the ad hominem fallacy of dividing folks into "fanboys" or "calboys" is rather simplistic thinking, and always erroneous. It will get you nowhere. Adapt and learn and stay flexible. We're just along for the ride, and the ride will change, enjoy it.........excuses for not enjoying the ride are just that, excuses.......reflective of one's own reality..........

Last edited:
I see defrostergate isn't over yet, even after the buttons came back.:D
The buttons are somewhat back. The defogger/defroster changed colors, as if it is working, but it is not if the HVAC is off. It used to turn on the HVAC automatically. So, it was two taps in the original V11; it is two taps now (vs. one tap in V10). Now, it also gives you erroneous indication.
The seat warmer icons are a mess. For some reason they are dependent on whether the HVAC is split or joined. Split HVAC - you have independent controls over temp and seat warmers; joined HVAC - you have temp control over both sides but only driver seat warmer is controlled (passenger seat warmer disappears).
Apparently, they cannot even fix something properly.

I'm sort of switching teams. I like v11. Prefer it now to v10 in some ways.

Never could choose correctly between music and wiper icons, almost always chose the wrong one.

I prefer the temp setting closer to the driver, not in the middle of a cluster of confusion.

I'll take the colored icons over flat UI of v10. Never liked that. I'd prefer more subtlety and refinement of the colors and shapes, but it's easier to tell them apart.

I like the subwoofer audio control, actually sounds a lot better.

I'm not giving any passes to many of the obvious flubs with overlapping cards, too small font on charging page, stuff like that, and I'm still critical of the release planning, or lack of.

It's still not finished. Should have been opt in and reversible until every detail is really fully fleshed out, bugs found and fixed, maybe 2022.16, if we're lucky?

Could have easily added the fun stuff to v10 for holiday surprises, light show, sonic, and add/re-order nav waypoints.

That seems like a better path for the masses. Heck charge club membership for true early access,$1000 a pop, and warnings that it could brick your car or something.

But whatever, I'm done looking back, super happy with the car, really worried more about my family's health, and people suffering around the world.

(not going to "defend" v11 at all, that's just childish. Happy to engage in thoughtful debate though, that's why I'm here).
I don’t care about V10, V11, or V111. Just make the basic damn things work. I have given up on them being the leaders in the UI space. I will be happy if they copy the UI of a ten year old Audi or MB - at least it would work.