Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sorry, I actually like the new UI :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UI‘s from MB and Audi you mentioned are horrible But nice try buddy!
At least it works. I don’t need to try to decipher the logic behind basic functions. I press the defroster button and the windshield is defrosted - no need to think what else I need to turn on; I look at the seat warmer button and immediately know if it is on or off - no need to go into menus. I need a car, not a puzzle to solve while I am driving 70mph.

At least it works. I don’t need to try to decipher the logic behind basic functions. I press the defroster button and the windshield is defrosted - no need to think what else I need to turn on; I look at the seat warmer button and immediately know if it is on or off - no need to go into menus. I need a car, not a puzzle to solve while I am driving 70mph.
Sorry, My seat heaters during winter now on auto and it works great. As defroster and defog I can use voice command, swipe up from anywhere to open ac control and press. Both very easy to do at any speed. I didn’t decipher anything.

Sorry, My seat heaters during winter now on auto and it works great. As defroster and defog I can use voice command, swipe up from anywhere to open ac control and press. Both very easy to do at any speed.
Voice commands again?! :) I bet that I could turn the defogger of my old 2006 Audi S4 faster than you could swipe, talk, light scented candles, or whatever else you need to do in this supposedly advanced interface.

Name 1 thing that's easier to do in V11.
Pretty much everything. But sure...
1) Phone access
2) Music access
3) Customization so you can put what YOU use in the most convenient places, now including easy access to seat heaters, wipers, defroster for those who need to constantly tinker with their screen.

Not much more you need there with other things automated, which technically is another thing that's easier in v11. Makes some of that ironic doesn't it? Your seat can be automatically heated for your convenience, yet you decide to complain about tapping the screen twice and taking your eyes off the road... yet, if you use the automation then you never take your eyes off the road. So please, lets not act like this is a matter of 'safety' because that 'crowd' should be all over it. And save the bs please, the automation works but I'm sure there are plenty who want to complain about that too.

No they aren't. Having to tap 2 or 3 levels deep on something that was one tap away before is NOT an improvement.

Seems you prefer circa 2012 android icons in awful colours to clean, crisp icons though, so maybe your reasoning is faulty.
You have no substance to your argument... nor is there any added value if you're trying to debate your point...

If someone never uses their seat heater, why do they need it within 1-tap when they could use that space for something else that they actually use?

The whole smoke show about "2-taps is going to cause me to crash" in a car WITH THE MOST ADVANCED SELF DRIVING SYSTEM AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD, is comical at best... come on... and if you really cared about safety then you would admit that allowing drivers to customize what they use most in those '1-tap' spaces is much safer. But it's not about that right? It's about trying to belittle other people's opinions.

Nothing to do with physical or touch controls. It is the way they are implemented in UI. In V10 I was able to achieve the same thing. Now, I have to think “Is the HVAC on?” before pressing the defogger. How is that better?!
HVAC can be easily turned on or off by pressing the temp on the main screen, if it's lit up then it's on. Literally that simple to see and turn on and off... 1 tap... incredible...

You have no substance to your argument... nor is there any added value if you're trying to debate your point...

If someone never uses their seat heater, why do they need it within 1-tap when they could use that space for something else that they actually use?

The whole smoke show about "2-taps is going to cause me to crash" in a car WITH THE MOST ADVANCED SELF DRIVING SYSTEM AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD, is comical at best... come on... and if you really cared about safety then you would admit that allowing drivers to customize what they use most in those '1-tap' spaces is much safer. But it's not about that right? It's about trying to belittle other people's opinions.
Not everyone has autopilot, so yes, having to tap in 2 different spots to achieve one command is a hazard when i can be one tap, just like using your phone...there is a lot of useless real estate on the screen

Nothing to do with physical or touch controls. It is the way they are implemented in UI. In V10 I was able to achieve the same thing. Now, I have to think “Is the HVAC on?” before pressing the defogger. How is that better?!

Yes, more complex is better. This is the bizzarro world from Seinfeld.

Seriously though, this has been beaten to death here, and the fan boys keep rehashing.

Voice commands don’t work when there isn’t any connectivity. (Even in the middle of Bay Area, I’ve had several instances of no connectivity). They don’t work in background noise, accents, or just deficiencies in the speech recognition software.

Pretty much everything. But sure...
1) Phone access
2) Music access
3) Customization so you can put what YOU use in the most convenient places, now including easy access to seat heaters, wipers, defroster for those who need to constantly tinker with their screen.

Not much more you need there with other things automated, which technically is another thing that's easier in v11. Makes some of that ironic doesn't it? Your seat can be automatically heated for your convenience, yet you decide to complain about tapping the screen twice and taking your eyes off the road... yet, if you use the automation then you never take your eyes off the road. So please, lets not act like this is a matter of 'safety' because that 'crowd' should be all over it. And save the bs please, the automation works but I'm sure there are plenty who want to complain about that too.
Auto lights ….. garbage …. Auto windscreen wipers …… even worse ……. Auto bum heater …. had auto activated car decided I needed a hot arse when the sun was blazing but thought I’d like it cold when outside temp was near freezing …. Verdict …..I’ll stick to manual activation

Conclusion ….Tesla needs to work on their automation. All of the above have been addressed by turning off auto … first car in 15yrs where I have turned off auto lights, auto wipers are not that great on any car so I’ll give them that. Bum warmers should imo have a temperature level that I wish to have them come on at, everyone is different.

Auto lights ….. garbage …. Auto windscreen wipers …… even worse ……. Auto bum heater …. had auto activated car decided I needed a hot arse when the sun was blazing but thought I’d like it cold when outside temp was near freezing …. Verdict …..I’ll stick to manual activation

Conclusion ….Tesla needs to work on their automation. All of the above have been addressed by turning off auto … first car in 15yrs where I have turned off auto lights, auto wipers are not that great on any car so I’ll give them that. Bum warmers should imo have a temperature level that I wish to have them come on at, everyone is different.
Agreed. But also, even nearly perfect automation always needs to be optional (and easily manually controllable if the driver desires). Auto function for the seat heaters (or wipers, or headlights, etc) was never a legitimate excuse to make them less convenient to use manually. Crappy automation+frustrating UI is a great combination :)

In your opinion. I have no beef with auto lights, auto wipers or auto seat warmers, AP. I let go the control freak and enjoying car doing it for me. Life is good when you let it to be good!

Ah, that reminds me, I need to get some scented candles for the toilet. It helps stop the mirrors fogging up during a difficult dump. Currently I have to call the dog and he comes in with his auto tail wagging so I use that to defog them.

Who am I kidding. I don’t call him. He’s already in the bathroom sniffing the air around me to check on what banned foods I’ve been eating to go tattle on me.