Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sottozero vs Hakkapeliita 8/9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys (I'm a NYer - everyone is guys)
Next winter, I intend to put snow tires on my M3 RWD. The question is - WHICH tires

I know Tesla sells rims with the Sottozer IIs, but back when I last had a pure RWD car, I tended to run studded snows (yeah, tires have gotten a lot better in the last 30 years ;) )

Anyway, I've had Nokian WR-Gs on cars, and loved them (all weather - not all season - aka Mountain and snowflake), and folks I know in the real snow belt (read Tugg Hill Plateau of NY) love the Hakkas. The big difference between the Hakka 8s and 9s are studs

NYC, we tend to deal more with wet, heavy, icy snow

So, opinions? Anyone ever driven on both/all 3?

I purchased a set of Scottozero from TireRack and threw them on. I ran them on my C7Z06 I used to daily in the Winter. They work very very well yet still maintain a level of feel and fun that is normally lost with most Winter tires. The Tesla replaced our 2016 AWD Tahoe with Blizzacks so I know what it feels like to be a god in a blizzard. lol The Scottozero's aren't like that thing was but they're 95% and I'd absolutely purchase them again.

Best,
Gene

• Love
Reactions: KG2V