Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound generator for our Model S ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The proposed rule expressly says that all cars from the same year and model/trim must use the same sound - no customizations permitted. Immediately when this was proposed, it was quickly seen that this could turn into crazy noise pollution if the ringtone companies jumped on the auto-tone bandwagon.

Shame, I'd love the clip-clop sound of a slow moving horse with some squeaky cart wheels.

if you're driving a car, you do though... problem solved!

Sorry, if that's a joke, I don't get it. I was just implying that blind pedestrians may be extremely careful and smart, but unable to hear a near-silent vehicle approaching. This thread seemed to imply that only fools would need audible cues. I disagree, specifically in the vision impaired case.

Electric vehicles are good example of reducing noise pollution, I'm strongly against adding artificial noise to our cars, the tire noise is plenty and can be heard quite well.

On top of that cars are coming of the assembly lines from many manufacturers with collision warning systems and they are becoming better and better with each day.

If a driver is an idiot, no type of noise generating machine can avoid a collision.