Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound issues after 2019.40.2.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else started having sound system issues after the recent 2019.40.2.1 update? My system (premium interior) randomly seems to loose its bass and overall sound quality seems low and hollow / lifeless.. sometimes switching over to my phone then back to streaming fixes it for a bit. A couple times a soft reboot did (other times the reboot didn’t).

pretty annoying!

Yes, I started seeing this w/ the most recent update to 40.x. The sub and it almost sounds like the rears will kick off for a second leaving only a very tinny sound biased toward the front of the car. Lasts about a full second before it comes back on. It's happened 4 or 5 times now since the FW update. Definitely a bug somewhere.

Went from a P85D to a 2020 P3D and the sound quality is drastically worse. Not sure if it's due to software or what, because the 3 is supposed to have a better system apparently
I suspect your just running into the same software issue as the rest of us with the premium system. Latest holiday update doesn’t seem to have fixed it either.

• Informative
Reactions: anthonyj