Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound Of Silence 2021 rally, May 21-23

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aw, geez! And now EVP posts that old Elon video from Youtube. I am Mac, the old guy in the grey shirt and hat at the beginning of that clip. I will be back again. I wonder how many of the original ten there will be this time. I know Bighorn will be there and myself. Don't know if Milo will make it or not. Maybe just two. We are pretty sure to beat the old record of 60 cars though! Get signed up guys (and gals). Bring both warm weather and cold weather clothing. Might rain, might snow. Might HAIL. Sheesh. Mac

Bring both warm weather and cold weather clothing. Might rain, might snow. Might HAIL. Sheesh. Mac
Don't forget the time it rained, and thunder/lightninged, and hailed golf balls. Nothing beats watching the owners of a couple million dollars worth of cars frantically trying to find the available covered shelter all over Custer. Fortunately that cloud didn't quite make it all the way to Custer. It was impressive though.

OMG, EVP! That was a MEMORY!! Terrifying! We found a bank drive-thru but ICE cars were there, so we went to a gas station and blocked a gas pump till the storm passed. That was one of only two times I parked in a gas station, the other time was in Kansas, also for hail. Hey! As long as you are here, let me make an announcement. See below. Mac

Well, the Custer Chamber of Commerce has asked me to help with the SOS Rally again this year. I will keep you all posted here. Interesting things are happening this year. Be there. I have the ability to comp a hotel room for someone (Tesla) famous, if I can get him or her to attend the event. Any suggestions? I can ASK most anyone, whether they would show up or not is the question. Who would you like to meet? Yeah, yeah, EM is likely busy. (Very). Mac

Well, the Custer Chamber of Commerce has asked me to help with the SOS Rally again this year. I will keep you all posted here. Interesting things are happening this year. Be there. I have the ability to comp a hotel room for someone (Tesla) famous, if I can get him or her to attend the event. Any suggestions? I can ASK most anyone, whether they would show up or not is the question. Who would you like to meet? Yeah, yeah, EM is likely busy. (Very). Mac

Cathie Wood might enjoy a vacation. Would love a little Q&A session with her.

Aw, geez! And now EVP posts that old Elon video from Youtube. I am Mac, the old guy in the grey shirt and hat at the beginning of that clip. I will be back again. I wonder how many of the original ten there will be this time. I know Bighorn will be there and myself. Don't know if Milo will make it or not. Maybe just two. We are pretty sure to beat the old record of 60 cars though! Get signed up guys (and gals). Bring both warm weather and cold weather clothing. Might rain, might snow. Might HAIL. Sheesh. Mac
I plan on attending again this year; it will be my 6th (I missed the first one). It will be great to see some of the "originals" again, and meet some new owners.

I'm having issues with the Glympse app on my iPhone XS. Is anyone else having problems?

We would love to attend BUT the Canada-US border is still closed for non essential folks and on top of that we are currently in Ontario in a "stay at home" order. Wife and I both had our 1st Pfizer shots but in the authorities infinite wisdom the second shot is stretched to 121 days after the 1st one. This would also be my 6th rally.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB
I plan on attending again this year; it will be my 6th (I missed the first one). It will be great to see some of the "originals" again, and meet some new owners.

I'm having issues with the Glympse app on my iPhone XS. Is anyone else having problems?

Glympse has been really flaky lately. Sharing will sometimes cause the app to crash. Notifications haven’t worked in months.

Yow! Jim Chanos and Cathie Wood. Holy crap. Maybe someone a little less famous? BTW, this rally is going crazy! I have ALMOST talked Rod Hoffman, the guy who DREAMED THIS ENTIRE EVENT UP IN HIS HEAD to attend this one.

As of today, we are at 64 vehicles. If you remember, the record is 60 and there is a month to go. This will be a record breaker for sure. Now the problem is CHARGING! I am trying to get the COC motivated into getting more temporary charging stations around town. There may be shootouts at the supercharger. Well, at least it will be a happening!! Post videos of the violence! It might be the very last one! Proud to be a part of it!!! Mac

Reactions: Big Earl
As of today, we are at 64 vehicles. If you remember, the record is 60 and there is a month to go.
I thought about this a while ago and I honestly think there would have been hundreds of Teslas this year if not for the pandemic, which really killed the momentum. If we had 60 Teslas in 2019 (for some reason the number 87 stuck in my head, but maybe that was total people rather than cars... I suppose we could review the Crazy Horse photo...), I would have expected over 100 in 2020 and then something in the 200-400 range this year.

There are just so many more Teslas out on the road now, and the reality is we will eventually outgrow Custer barring some monumental effort. Keep in mind, attendance this year is still going to be greatly impacted by pandemic concerns as the virus is still spreading and not everyone can get fully vaccinated in time. We might need to think long and hard about 2022.

BTW, I haven't signed up yet, but I am most certainly going to be there. I'm just waiting until I can get my 2nd dose scheduled to sign up.

Reactions: BM3B and nwdiver
As of today, 69 Teslas are registered. that is 120 people from everywhere. The Custer COC send out an email today with a link to a PDF document chock full of additional details. I post a link to that inline document here:

Click for important information!

Ah. I can attach the document here also: Cool.

This thing is really looking up! There will be a few of the original 10 drivers from the first SOS rally there. I I invited every one of them. This might be a great one! Mac

Attachments

• 2021 Sound of Silence Tesla Rally Welcome Letter.pdf
    124.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Love
Reactions: Big Earl
As of today, 69 Teslas are registered. that is 120 people from everywhere. The Custer COC send out an email today with a link to a PDF document chock full of additional details. I post a link to that inline document here:

Click for important information!

Ah. I can attach the document here also: Cool.

This thing is really looking up! There will be a few of the original 10 drivers from the first SOS rally there. I I invited every one of them. This might be a great one! Mac
I’m stoked! Three weeks to go. :cool:

Reactions: jcadman22 and BM3B