Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound Proofing via weather strip kit

Ultron

Jul 5, 2019
Hattiesburg MS
never could get the one around glass roof to stay on. First time I hit the interstate it partially blew off. I haven't tried to put it back on since.

Oct 12, 2016
MD
So we know that the newest 3s are quieter than older models, but has anyone reverse engineered what they did to reduce the noise?

-DA3

May 19, 2019
FL
I posted this in another thread-- I used automotive pin stripe instead of the rubber (as difficult as a condom to install) not saying it's quieter.. but sure looks seamless (which should help with air/flow) and it won't shrink in the sun - and 9 bucks a roll?? try it guys.

I only did the seams (width of vehicle) not length. (resistance of air only)
Screenshot_11_8_19__8_11_AM.jpg

AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029XCSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GaboPaz

May 13, 2019
Granada Hills, California
I posted this in another thread-- I used automotive pin stripe instead of the rubber (as difficult as a condom to install) not saying it's quieter.. but sure looks seamless (which should help with air/flow) and it won't shrink in the sun - and 9 bucks a roll?? try it guys.

I only did the seams (width of vehicle) not length. (resistance of air only)
View attachment 474479

AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029XCSG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I just ordered the pinstripe tape. I will install and report back here soon.

-DA3

May 19, 2019
FL
FYI- mines been on for 5 months. wet/heat -- driving. works! it's pin stripe which is designed for the elements.. and take a smaller piece of that tape and cover your windshield VIN (tape to outside of glass) looks better and hides the vin. (for what its worth)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC