Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system glitch for 22 refresh. No bass/immersion sound

Heading home from work today, I noticed the bass and back speakers were not working. I tried a soft reboot, didn’t fix it.

I adjusted the balance to the back and I can barely hear music, moved to the front and the music sounds flat, no stereo or bass. From reading on google, the amplifier glitches out when sentry mode is enabled. I disabled sentry mode, rebooted again, no fix.

Not sure what else to do besides submitting a ticket. Does anyone know where the amplifier is located? I can try resetting the wires in case something became loose.

Reactions: natebrownohio
Waiting for my appointment in 2 weeks. Reading older threads for 3 and Y seems to be a glitch with software. I noticed if I let the car go into deep sleep with no charging the sound goes back to normal. This seems to only happen if the car sits awake, checking the app or having it charge overnight. Will update if I find out more.

Also, after I got an update Friday night, the whole weekend the sound was perfect. It’s happened twice in a week when the sound goes flat after leaving work. Of course during that time I’m checking the app, I’ll try tmrw letting it sit without disturbing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: natebrownohio
Been a few weeks. Still no complete fix. It's happened at least 1 or 2 times a week. I had support push a current update which fixed it for a few days, but then happened again. I've noticed that after playing YouTube then getting back in the car is when I see this glitch. So I've avoided using the in car app and just streaming YouTube from my phone. So far, past 4 days, no issues. Coincidence?, who knows. Support told me in chat, they're aware of the issue and working on a software fix for the amp.

Hey Chris, similar thing in my 22. Have my own thread here

Did you manage to resolve yours?

Hey Chris, similar thing in my 22. Have my own thread here

Did you manage to resolve yours?
I actually forgot about this issue. It seemed to work itself out a few months back. CS kept telling me it was a software bug, and apparently it was. This issue hasn't happened for quite awhile! I dealt with the issue from April-Julyish. If you're still having issues, just bare with it despite it being a PITA.

Reactions: Dbscal

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC