Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already had V9 when I took delivery of my new P3D+ but just updated it to the latest version w/ dash cam and navigate on autopilot and notice the sound system dramatically changed. It doesn't have that "punch" as it use to. I check the EQ and it's still on the same settings it was before the update and I played the same playlist as I did prior to the update as well and it just sounds a little stale. And yes, immersive sound is still on.

I checked to see if I was the only one and it looks like others have started several threads of this last year til the beginning of this year but only for S/X. Haven't heard from Model 3 owners yet.

Anyone else feel the same?

Reactions: Blue in NC
Edit: It's noticeably clear that it lost it's low end "punch" and isn't as immersive in terms of the fact that the front end of the sound system still works the same but it's like the back end that lost it's magic. It isn't as powerful anymore.

Try doing a hard reboot. Once, I lost the rear speakers and sub. Reset fixed it.

Another person had a similar issue. Turned out the MCU output went bad and the SC had to replace the entire computer board.

It might just be a coincidence that this occurred right after a software update.

Try doing a hard reboot. Once, I lost the rear speakers and sub. Reset fixed it.

Another person had a similar issue. Turned out the MCU output went bad and the SC had to replace the entire computer board.

It might just be a coincidence that this occurred right after a software update.

I also tried doing a hard reboot and it's still the same.

Reactions: Tomski
Mine is the same and it just not as strong as before. I used to be able to have it at 50% volume and freeway speeds and feel like I was at a concert.

Now at 3/4 volume it sounds like a clock radio. 2018.42.4 here. Sucks.

THIS.

What can we do about this? What gives?
Mine is the same and it just not as strong as before. I used to be able to have it at 50% volume and freeway speeds and feel like I was at a concert.

Now at 3/4 volume it sounds like a clock radio. 2018.42.4 here. Sucks.

I feel the same. After I think the V9 update, the sounds lost it's "punch". Same music. It used to be, even over a crappy Bluetooth mp3 source, music sounded noticeably punchier and fuller. Was amazing, really. Was great no matter what the source (Bluetooth from phone, internet radio, FM, etc). Now, it sounds like any other mediocre standard auto sound system. I've tried adjusting different settings, but I can't seem to bring back that "punch" or "wow" factor.

That said, it's still better than the "upgraded" HK system on my BMW. That's just straight garbage and a total waste of money.

Reactions: fiatlux and Tomski
I feel the same. After I think the V9 update, the sounds lost it's "punch". Same music. It used to be, even over a crappy Bluetooth mp3 source, music sounded noticeably punchier and fuller. Was amazing, really. Was great no matter what the source (Bluetooth from phone, internet radio, FM, etc). Now, it sounds like any other mediocre standard auto sound system. I've tried adjusting different settings, but I can't seem to bring back that "punch" or "wow" factor.

That said, it's still better than the "upgraded" HK system on my BMW. That's just straight garbage and a total waste of money.

I'm really wondering what in the hell happened???

Reactions: Tomski