Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was just my imagination! :(

Have been monkeying with the bass and other settings to no avail here. It has gone from mind-blowing to "meh". I'm on 42.4 here. I'll send an email in about it - hopefully they can address it in an update soon.

Any good example tracks I should listen to before and after updating? I have a few pieces that I am particularly familiar with from speaker shopping, but I am just curious what others have noticed. I want to queue them up before I update from 42.3.

-Randy

I just picked up my car yesterday and am on 44.1. The audio sounded pretty good but the low end was a bit muddy. It also sounded best in the driver's seat, still pretty good in the passenger seat, but if you're sitting in the back, it seriously sounds like somebody is just playing music from their smartphone speakers in the front. Is this normal? I'm also streaming 320kbps from Spotify - though I believe Model 3's bluetooth is capped at 256kbps.

I just picked up my car yesterday and am on 44.1. The audio sounded pretty good but the low end was a bit muddy. It also sounded best in the driver's seat, still pretty good in the passenger seat, but if you're sitting in the back, it seriously sounds like somebody is just playing music from their smartphone speakers in the front. Is this normal? I'm also streaming 320kbps from Spotify - though I believe Model 3's bluetooth is capped at 256kbps.

This is the exact issue we are talking about. It use to be amazing from the back but it lacks that bass and vocal. It's all in the front.

Any good example tracks I should listen to before and after updating? I have a few pieces that I am particularly familiar with from speaker shopping, but I am just curious what others have noticed. I want to queue them up before I update from 42.3.

-Randy
Grace potter, 2:22 is a cool song with a realistic bass (not the lowest)

tower of power , what is hip is hard to beat for shear dynamics as well as Harry Connick Jr., it had to be you (have it turned up at about 1:30 for when the horn section comes in strong)

For a realistic acoustic sound I like Sonny Rollins, i'm an old cowhand recorded back in the 50's with some of the most revered old tube mics back when they were new!

For female vocals I like anything from the freedom sessions album by Sarah Mclachlan, minimally processed and just great quality sound across the board