Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would it help at all to list out the equalizer settings so we all can try what works for some and not others? I found a thread not too long ago that had a few numbers in them. The one I'm rolling with now sounded awesome previously, but now it's anemic. Here's what I have been running...

1.0, -1.0, -0.5, 2.0, -4.5 with Immersive on high

That had all kinds of punch. Not now.

The other one I liked was...

2.5, 1.0, -1.0, 1.5, 2.0 with immersiIm on high. This was very heavy on the bass, so I dialed it back to the previous one. Highs were a bit loud too, but it was clean.

Last edited:
Reactions: usofrob
Would it help at all to list out the equalizer settings so we all can try what works for some and not others? I found a thread not too long ago that had a few numbers in them. The one I'm rolling with now sounded awesome previously, but now it's anemic. Here's what I have been running...

1.0, -1.0, -0.5, 2.0, -4.5 with Immersive on high

That had all kinds of punch. Not now.

Mine was all flat and immersive was on standard. Worked on 42.4 and works now on 44.2 (P3D-).

Reactions: Frunkenstein
I didn't have a lot of time in my car since the 42 update, but I just had chance to check it yesterday with some "punchy" music and definitely heard the difference. My low frequency bass was set to near max, and I absolutely hear a difference versus what it use to be. The low end bass is gone.

What happened Tesla?

Ver 42.8 here.

I tested a few songs I know very well and have played at full blast multiple times since getting my P3D-. There is absolutely less bass now, some songs that would just about shake the mirror off barely register now. No audio settings changed either.

USB with flac files and bluetooth streaming, i noticed I don't have the lower end bass from the rear. I have bass from the front, but even with the bass set to 8 I'm missing that lower end thump. I even have the balance touching the rear seat.

Streaming and Bluetooth for me. Streaming is awful now. Sounds so hollow and distant. And in the middle of a song here and there, it will just skip to the next track. I wonder if something changed in streaming? I can make Bluetooth sound ok, but still not like it was.

Was on vacation for over a week. Got back and drove the car on Sunday and noticed the stereo sounded like crap. I figured I was just miss remembering the audio, but it sounds like I'm not alone. I'm pretty used to being away for a week at a time for work, and I have never thought this before. 42.4