Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what fixed it for me:

1. Hold both scroll wheels until screen goes black
  2. Depress brake pedal and hold scroll wheels until the Tesla T appears on the screen
  3. Navigate to Safety & Security --> Power Off
  4. Wait 2 Minutes without touching anything. You'll hear the car cycle at about 1:45
  5. Activate your door release button and your sound will be back again

I tried this. The front bass got stronger, didn’t reaize I had lost anything up there.

The rear back improved a little bit. But is not as punchy if I put the balance all the way in the back as if I did it to the front.

It sounds louder in front, than if I sit in the back. I put the balance a bit back behind the circle with the volume at 60 - 70%. Sitting in the back I could hear it well enough with the bass being felt on the floor and insides.

Listen to Ephixa - Dreamstate by Monstercat #np on #SoundCloud
Ephixa - Dreamstate

Attachments

• 20181128_215151.jpg
    20181128_215151.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 58
It sounds louder in front, than if I sit in the back. I put the balance a bit back behind the circle with the volume at 60 - 70%. Sitting in the back I could hear it well enough with the bass being felt on the floor and insides.

Listen to Ephixa - Dreamstate by Monstercat #np on #SoundCloud
Ephixa - Dreamstate

Totally agree with everything you said.

Still wish to get the full emerseivness in the rear back or in other words, I want the back to be as strong as the front. That would create the full emersiverness whether you sit in the front or the back (currently in the front only)

We took delivery of our 3 last Friday. The first thing my wife commented on was horable sounding radio/stero. It is like the low end is gone. It is nothing like the two demo rides we took one in Atlanta and one in Sarasota about a month prior to our delivery where they show cased the sound system and it was impressive.

Reported to Tesla and have not heard back yet.

We took delivery of our 3 last Friday. The first thing my wife commented on was horable sounding radio/stero. It is like the low end is gone. It is nothing like the two demo rides we took one in Atlanta and one in Sarasota about a month prior to our delivery where they show cased the sound system and it was impressive.

Reported to Tesla and have not heard back yet.

Which way did you reported to Tesla?

I have the same problem with the lack of bass, but this procedure did not fix it and made no sugnificant difference in the sound. I reported this through the “ask a question” feature in my on line Tesla account.

2. Depress brake pedal and hold scroll wheels until the Tesla T appears on the screen
  4. Wait 2 Minutes without touching anything. You'll hear the car cycle at about 1:45

It could also be that the awesome sound we all heard before was just a trial of a new “Premium Plus Upgrade Package” (PLUP). Now that the PLUP trial is over, you gotta pay up if you want great sound back. Good news is that all cars already come with PLUP hardware, you just need to pay for the software unlock. #ransomware #maybeElonneedsitforQ4

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I don't think that I've experienced the 'static' issue since version 42.x, which is also the version that I noticed reduced sound quality. I wonder if they are somehow related?

I tried this procedure a short while ago and it appears to have fixed the issue on my 3. The side view mirrors are rattling again to the double bass in my metal music :D

Hmmmm, this morning it seemed like some sort of tweak occurred over night without me doing anything other than letting Tesla know about this last week (is it possible they changed something without me getting a software update notification?)

I did try the method being described in posts above just now only to see if that would change things any further, but it seems the same as this morning. The bass is thumping again and things are definitely louder! :cool:

Hmmmm, this morning it seemed like some sort of tweak occurred over night without me doing anything other than letting Tesla know about this last week (is it possible they changed something without me getting a software update notification?)

I did try the method being described in posts above just now only to see if that would change things any further, but it seems the same as this morning. The bass is thumping again and things are definitely louder! :cool:

I noticed a slight change and saw the rattle as well last night. But It seems like it’s more power in the front than before. And sitting in the front is STILL more immerserve than in the back. I would have to change the balance below the circle in the center to achieve somewhat a balance in the vocals.

Reactions: Kira
I noticed a slight change and saw the rattle as well last night. But It seems like it’s more power in the front than before. And sitting in the front is STILL more immerserve than in the back. I would have to change the balance below the circle in the center to achieve somewhat a balance in the vocals.

I agree, still more oomph in the front — if I switch it to the back only (and try sitting back there), it does seem more subdued compared to the front unless the volume is higher. I wonder what occurred for the back end to be affected like this?

That being said, better than it has been!

I'm seeing this too. Maybe this is the way it's supposed to be, but it also sounds like the audio is coming from the centre.

I'm not sure how to explain it. If I have the balance dot in the centre, it comes from the centre, if it's to the right it comes from the right and if it's to the left it comes from the left. I was hoping that centred would be more ambient than directional. More balanced from all around, and not immediately from the centre. Does that make sense?

• Informative
Reactions: stayfocus18

The system went from sounding like weak AM to its full self. Too see if you have the problem all you have to do is move your balance all the way to the rear and see if it sounds like it is in a tin can. If so, do the reboot instructions and then it will be back to full immersion!!

Thanks, it fixed it with only the longest 2 minutes I have spent in a long time....