Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was referring to an actual musical test not a sub bass performance only test
here is another one of my favorites, Jim Keltner, Improvisation is a solo acoustic drum track recorded by Sheffield Labs, a very dynamic and realistic recording of a well tuned an played acoustic drum set, great for audio evaluations in general

My examples specially listed songs which have little subbass.

What is it you are trying to "test" with this acoustic drum track? You seem to be confusing "favourite" with an objective tool used for testing. It would be a decent pan test but that's about it.

My examples specially listed songs which have little subbass.

What is it you are trying to "test" with this acoustic drum track? You seem to be confusing "favourite" with an objective tool used for testing. It would be a decent pan test but that's about it.
If you mean favorite then yes it was a favorite track at the C.E.S. shows used to test dynamic range, soundstage, attack, decay, timbre etc... among many of the best electronics and speaker designers and builders of the time, these are the systems that were demonstrated by the best of the best, Conrad-Johnson, Audio research, Spectral, Wilson Audio, Krell, Mark Levinson, MartinLogan, McIntosh, Accuphase, Bowers & Wilkins, Focal, Dynaudio, Cello, Clear Audio and many others, I had the pleasure of owning many of these highly musical pieces of gear over many years and I can tell you that your assessment is dead wrong, I sat through many demos of this track on several stereo systems that retailed for over 100k up to 250k back in the 80's at more than one of the C.E.S. shows in Vegas

Here is a cool article on just how important the source is when demoing high end audio (second paragraph says it all), this is about a place that I used to frequent often (Christopher Hansen Ltd. that later became Cello music and film in another location) they did have all the these very dynamic recordings that had so much sonic realism and impact that you were left in awe and thought that nothing else could compete with them, I ended up with a Cello Audio palette pre amp and a duet-350 amp and while it was good it was never as good without that source material!

The Lost Art of The High End Audio-Video Demo

now im getting random no audio from anything... even after a restart.... so no audio from the turn signal or any source. Only thing that seems to remedy it a bit is leaving the car and re-entering.

I've had this happen twice so far on 2018.44.2. Fix for me was the same, leave the car for a minute and then re-enter.

Man, I used to love my audio system in this car. But lately it's really so noticeably weak. Of course, i just knew it wasn't as good, but had nothing to really compare to. This weekend I had to bring my old Impreza with the Harmon Kardon upgrade to the dealer and wow. That system (from an economy car) sounds 100x better than my Model 3 right now. It actually kind of makes me angry. Pay double the price for a car and they manage to completely break the audio with a software update. This is the down side to being on the leading edge of tech.

Streaming through Spotify (set to highest bitrate) over BT is FAR better than the in car Slacker, even with a subscription. Try it, you can clearly hear the difference in quality.

Slacker in a model 3 is the same crap 64kb/s bitrate regardless of your subscription level- the bitrate is set (and limited) by the client (the tesla app in the car).

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I don't think that I've experienced the 'static' issue since version 42.x, which is also the version that I noticed reduced sound quality. I wonder if they are somehow related?
I'm on 42.4 and still get occasional static problems. Specifically If I listen to talk radio and they play audio of a phone caller on the radio show, the audio of the phone caller will frequently distort into high frequency static/buzzing.

I was on 42.8 and the audio quality was good, but rear sub did sound a bit weaker.

Updated to 46.2 tonight and the rear sub does sound much fuller. Although I use the scroll wheel for volume, I like the new sliding horizontal volume control on the display better than the up/down arrows.

Reactions: IM_1406