Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system lost it's "punch" after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean to say, Tesla actually fixed a bug?

I think that’s a first in 9 months. Luckily I never had it, but it’s good to hear it’s fixed.

There have been several audio bugs I’ve experienced that have been fixed. This was one of the more annoying sporadic bugs that took them months to resolve though.

There have been several audio bugs I’ve experienced that have been fixed. This was one of the more annoying sporadic bugs that took them months to resolve though.

They have not fixed my pet peeve audio issue. Where you get blasted when it switches from “hands free call” back to music. I have several apps that use the same protocol as a phone call does in order interrupt music and frequently get blasted. Google maps, Waze, V1Driver on iOS.

Reactions: DDHEverything
They have not fixed my pet peeve audio issue. Where you get blasted when it switches from “hands free call” back to music. I have several apps that use the same protocol as a phone call does in order interrupt music and frequently get blasted. Google maps, Waze, V1Driver on iOS.

Have you filed a bug report with them? Shoot them an email with as much detail as possible about the issue to [email protected]

Personally, I feel like the audio is more consistent on the past few versions of SW, but the subwoofer still feels nowhere near as impressive as it was when I took delivery last May. It could all be in my head, but I think that the LPF or something has been tweaked by Tesla.

Personally, I feel like the audio is more consistent on the past few versions of SW, but the subwoofer still feels nowhere near as impressive as it was when I took delivery last May. It could all be in my head, but I think that the LPF or something has been tweaked by Tesla.
You do tend to get acclimated to the way something sounds over time. So it could just be the honeymoon wearing off. Not to say you're wrong, though.

You do tend to get acclimated to the way something sounds over time. So it could just be the honeymoon wearing off. Not to say you're wrong, though.

Very true. There is also a physical element with the subwoofer, though. It used to be a mirror shaker, but now its much more subtle. There are certain songs that it really shines, and others that just sound very muted. Thats why I'm inclined to think that Tesla did some tweaks, but obviously is also all personal perception with no scientific backup.

Either way, the sound system is still very good. Just not as thumpy as I like.

• Funny
Reactions: Texas Flood
Very true. There is also a physical element with the subwoofer, though. It used to be a mirror shaker, but now its much more subtle. There are certain songs that it really shines, and others that just sound very muted. Thats why I'm inclined to think that Tesla did some tweaks, but obviously is also all personal perception with no scientific backup.

Either way, the sound system is still very good. Just not as thumpy as I like.

Mine has the same Kick it did 9 months ago when I got it, don't notice any change by Tesla. Never had the "lost bass issue".

A lot of bass does come from the drivers in front doors. The problem seems to be the rear Amp is either Off or Turned down for some folks.
So the problem vary feel variable depending on where the bass is, in the song.

Some folks could recover by reboots or shutdowns and restore their bass. Others could not.

Wonder if it could be a phase issue too. Which can get messed up in software.

After posting this thread, it seems like the 12V battery might be a variable too:

Drop-in subwoofer upgrade?

I've noticed in both cold and hot weather <35F and >95F the bass is noticeably weaker or different. Just recently now with the temperature around 70F the bass hits hard like I remember. Anybody else noticing a bass correlation with temperature and could it be 12V battery related?