TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sound system playback using IPad app processing?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ORB, Dec 26, 2013.

1. ORB

ORB Member

#1 ORB, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    Hello all,

[edit]

I now gather that an IPad can play music over the sound system via Bluetooth (although I've seen some issues with this in the forum). Anyone have experience with IPad third party music apps that work well with their Model S? Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    From my Model S experience, the sound system treats my Sony MP3 player as a USB drive and plays songs using the sound system controls, bypassing my MP3 player's tone controls. I'm interested in upgrading to an IPad Mini and using an IPad music player app like Bongiovi DPS to send processed audio to the sound system, enabling capabilities like dynamic range compression (to overcome road noise and my hearing loss) as well as audio equalizer functions beyond what the Tesla sound system offers. These features are apparently only supported through the 3.5mm stereo output jack of the IPad, not through the USB connector (Bongiovi does not support processing access through the Bluetooth interface, but may in the future).

So my question is, has anyone been successful in devising some sort of interface between an IPhone or IPad and the Tesla sound system that accommodates music processing by the mobile device? If I've overlooked an answer to this in one of the forums, please let me know.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Happy holidays!
    Oliver in Sunnyvale, CA

2. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

As I replied on the TM thread, Bongiovi DPS appears to support Bluetooth (I was just using on Bluetooth speakers from my iPhone).

3. ORB

ORB Member

GaryREM,

Thanks for the encouragement, perhaps they just implemented the Bluetooth support for DPS. Here is the link where I got my Bongiovi info from:

Bongiovi Acoustics

I gather that you are using this app now? How do you like it overall?

Thanks!