Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if it's just me, but I find the sound quality in my MX to be mediocre at best. This car was built in May 2019 so it has the latest hardware and software but the equalizer function is useless. Memory settings would be a nice start, since the settings are different depending on the type of music you are listening to.
Is there some sort of aftermarket upgrade available?

...aftermarket upgrade available?

teslareuspackages-png.60408

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Ever tried Model 3? Can hardly be described as poor.

Unfortunately, that level of refinement is lacking in the Model S and X.

I have. I agree it is better than the S/X but still nowhere near audiophile quality. To their credit; they managed to get a better system in a $40K car.

The fact that they were touting and charging extra for a “UHFS” upgrade in the S/X is laughable. Could be the biggest ripoff since charging $1000 for plain black paint.

Reus audio is by far the best aftermarket sound system.

They have kinda made it an art to the point where it looks stock after installation.

Also, Reus do the factory stock system for the Karma Revero.

I've been to their shop in Orange, CA and have seen the things they work on. It's literally an engineering lab setup with the car in the middle.

I had my audio upgraded on my 2016 Model X by Matt Schaeffer in Delaware and he did an amazing Job, he added Focal Flax 3 ways, a Focal Flax subwoofer, and JL Audio amplifier. Amazing difference, I would highly recommend especially since you are on the east coast.

His links (youtube and instagram with the work he did to my car)

Matt Schaeffer on Instagram: “Here is our latest @musaic_design #Tesla #ModelX #audiophile build. This was was pretty quick and straight forward. Utilizing all OEM…”

I highly recommend him to work on your car if you want better sound. He has done an amazing number of Teslas.

Reactions: psuKinger
I am not sure if it's just me, but I find the sound quality in my MX to be mediocre at best. This car was built in May 2019 so it has the latest hardware and software but the equalizer function is useless. Memory settings would be a nice start, since the settings are different depending on the type of music you are listening to.
Is there some sort of aftermarket upgrade available?

Yes, of course there are many options for upgrading the audio. Don’t fall for the cheap options Not worth the money. There are a few options in the northeast for amazing upgrades.... you get what you pay for. If you hear the price tag, you might balk.... but if you hear the quality, you will see why it costs $$$

The west coast also has quite a few.... but not limited to the coasts

you can’t walk into any old installer and get it done

They must be in the loop with other top installers and have experience with Teslas.

the cheapest way is to get a dsp/amp combo and make sure the installer knows how to wire to prevent faults Then from that dsp you can choose to swap out speakers.... and more....