Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound system?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Did anyone get a chance to really listen to the sound system in the prototype Model 3s?

Was it any good?

I thought the upgraded sound in Model X sounded fantastic. Better than in S.
I hope the team that put together the X sound system got to work on something good for the 3 as well.
If they offer a higher end sound system package, I would likely go for it.

I have a question on the sound system. I guess an answer could be gotten from someone who has a Model S.

I want Sirius Satellite Radio in my Model 3. But I want only the base sound system, don't want to pay thousands extra just to be able to listen to Howard Stern and comedy channels.

If the base radio doesn't have Sirius, does it have an input jack wherein I can plug a Sirius receiver into it?

I would be surprised if the sound system would have had such a high priority that it would have been engineered completely by now... what would be a pre-condition if anyone was to say anything about the system during the demo's.... A lot of Materials and suppliers will still have to be selected, and inside shapes will be changed, so my guess is that they will wait for that input before assigning people to this subject.

They didn't show off autopilot features either. I assume that hardware & software is still a work in progress right now.
In one video, a 3 prototype backed up, and it didn't look like it had a back-up camera yet...

Much to do still...

I have a question on the sound system. I guess an answer could be gotten from someone who has a Model S.

I want Sirius Satellite Radio in my Model 3. But I want only the base sound system, don't want to pay thousands extra just to be able to listen to Howard Stern and comedy channels.

If the base radio doesn't have Sirius, does it have an input jack wherein I can plug a Sirius receiver into it?

I long ago dropped Sirius, but don't they have a mobile app that lets you stream any station?
You could use that with a Bluetooth connection between your car and phone, right?

No, there's no analog connection. When I want to listen to Sirius, I just use the app on the phone and stream over Bluetooth. I do have Sirius on-board in my current S, but it's never been enabled. My next S that locks in at midnight tonight will have the standard audio, with a Reus upgrade.

In the Model S, there's a USB port. If the Model 3 has that also, maybe you can play your phone's SiriusXM app in to the car.

I have SiriusXM in my current car, and I plan to not activate it in my Tesla Model 3. I am still on the fence about whether to get the sound upgrade; it depends on what the two choices actually include and their cost. But I'll be happy with Internet radio for choices. Howard Stern and sports don't matter to me.

Looks like the front trunk is big enough for s standard carryon, excellent! Looks like the car will have some good locations for speakers, I have been wanting a flat dash forever, so a can place good speakers on either end, and the design of the read window is perfect for a bass setup, a single 10, double 10, or single 8 or double 8 looks like it would work perfectly, nice increase in output via the horn shape of the rear, and lots of trunk space! I just wonder if an after market stereo can be run off the main battery pack?