Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sound won't work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe. I think the audio amp is in the cabin fusebox, which seems like a pain to get to. I think you have to remove the trim just in front of the front passenger door. I'm looking at this: https://s3.amazonaws.com/f.cl.ly/items/3b321O3Q01040I2V4420/2015 fuses.pdf

Have you asked Tesla to pull log data yet? They might find something.

Another kind of reboot might be worth trying: go to Controls > Power Off. After the screens go dark, sit quietly for two full minutes. Don't touch the brake pedal or the door handle. After two full minutes, depress the brake pedal and the screens should come back. I don't have any particular reason to think this will help, but it only takes a few minutes to try.

Hi, today I'm having an issue where no sound will work in my Model S. No music, no radio, no turn signal, no alerts, nothing. Has anyone had this happen? Is it likely just a blown fuse? I've rebooted both dash and touch screen.
I started having the same issue yesterday. Did you figure out the problem? I'm taking it in for service today. Wonder if it has anything to do with the new software update.

Hi, today I'm having an issue where no sound will work in my Model S. No music, no radio, no turn signal, no alerts, nothing. Has anyone had this happen? Is it likely just a blown fuse? I've rebooted both dash and touch screen.
Same problem. I talked with service and they said it is a bug of the new firmware. You got your beta firmware updated last Friday ?

I called a service center and they said they would probably need to do a hard reset. They also mentioned that it may fix it if I reboot both screens almost simultaneously (do one, and then do the other while the first is rebooting) I tried this while driving, and it didn't seem to fix it, but then I parked car, came back to it 30 minutes later, and everything worked again.

I called a service center and they said they would probably need to do a hard reset. They also mentioned that it may fix it if I reboot both screens almost simultaneously (do one, and then do the other while the first is rebooting) I tried this while driving, and it didn't seem to fix it, but then I parked car, came back to it 30 minutes later, and everything worked again.
I had the same result following rebootnof both console and UI

Spoke with my SC. They said I have bring in the vehicle to fix the problem. I have to wait 13 days to get an appointment, Jan 20th(Denver). Almost 2 weeks with no music, Bluetooth or any sound. Not happy at all.

Spoke with my SC. They said I have bring in the vehicle to fix the problem. I have to wait 13 days to get an appointment, Jan 20th(Denver). Almost 2 weeks with no music, Bluetooth or any sound. Not happy at all.
My SC appointment is on 1/10. I will update if I got any useful information. What bothering me is the No sound Bluetooth, you can't take phone call while driving.

Happened to me yesterday. Everything muted. Tried rebooting screen and dash. No luck. Tried my phone, nothing. Reached a supercharging station and put the car to charge. Disconnected my phone, then reconnected. Tried playing music, nothing. Then I received a call on my phone and suddenly I hear the phone on the speakers. After that everything worked perfectly again. Very strange!

spoke with the service center again today, good news they can get me in this Thursday to check it out. The rep on the phone mentioned if I did the xmas easter egg. Coincidentally, the problems happen a little bit after I ran it twice. Not sure if this caused the problem.

Did you happen to call the Denver SC around 10 on Saturday morning? While I was waiting to get a tire replaced, someone called in with this same issue. I couldn't hear the person calling in but could tell from what the receptionist was saying that the caller was having this problem and the receptionist was asking if the caller had tried rebooting.