Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sounds crazy but I am thinking of adding FSD before end of quarter.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Can't see myself doing this for any company but I've been contemplating doing it for Tesla.

Smartest and most responsible money is waiting to see the first FSD features and adding it then.

With upgrade path to AP3 assured, its not so much a question of "IF" but "WHEN" I pull the trigger on my Model X to add FSD.

I am thinking of doing it early just so Tesla can show improved deposits for Q3?

My one car isn't going to do anything but as an aggregate, it might make a difference.

Thoughts? Am I being dumb? People want to join me?

Can't see myself doing this for any company but I've been contemplating doing it for Tesla.

Smartest and most responsible money is waiting to see the first FSD features and adding it then.

With upgrade path to AP3 assured, its not so much a question of "IF" but "WHEN" I pull the trigger on my Model X to add FSD.

I am thinking of doing it early just so Tesla can show improved deposits for Q3?

My one car isn't going to do anything but as an aggregate, it might make a difference.

I plan to pay for the FSD feature before this quarter ends. I hope every little bit helps. I didn't order FSD originally because I thought I would pay later at slightly more. Tesla gets the money, so no big deal if I have to pay a little more than original price. It seems to me this quarter is the perfect time to pay.

Sooner or later I will need this feature. Adding early will get the hardware 3 early, which probably will help with safety (faster calculation even for autopilot), and some FSD features probably will be released next year.

Last edited:

Payments for full self driving car will not end up in deposits, but as deferred revenue.

Tesla 10-Q said:
Deferred revenue activity related to the access to our Supercharger network, internet connectivity, autopilot and over-the-air software updates on automotive sales with and without resale value guarantee consisted of the following

It's unclear if the full value of FSD is deferred or if some is recognized right away.

Y'all crazy. Tesla is a business and is not deserving of your charity. I'm not paying for FSD until it does something.

True Tesla is just a business, but not many businesses work so hard to make the world a better place. On the other hand, many charities are not doing much. I would rather donate my money to Tesla.

Me too X 2 (2018 MS100D & 2018 M3RWD)

This kinda describes perfectly what he meant by "Y'all crazy"......

What Tesla has been doing is extremely difficult, because the opposition forces are enormous. If the goal is achieved, we get cleaner air, which would be great for everyone, for their spouses, for their kids and grandkids.

What is really crazy is that so many people try so hard to destroy Tesla so they can make a few dollars along the way. Don't they have kids? So who is crazy? your call.

...charity...

I would consider pre-paying for something that is not working is just like crowdsource funding.

There are projects that a mainstream company would not consider doing such as

Would GM do an EV1 sequel without Tesla competition?

Would Waymo allow owners to buy its unfinished autonomous vehicles?...

Many people would pay to crowdsource funding to get a DOS game Planet X3 (asked for $30,000 but got $113,640 so far) or to get a movie that no companies would want (Veronica Mars that asked for $2 million but got $5.7 million)...

Crowdsource funding is a thriving business and Tesla has the gut and the smart to bring that inhouse!

Last edited: