Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sounds crazy but I am thinking of adding FSD before end of quarter.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct. I asked them to add it on the day of delivery. Due to the great September rush they said they will honor $3k price after delivery. I asked my OA to process FSD purchase 2 days after I took the delivery and he confirmed receipt of my email and intent to purchase FSD. They still didn’t process my FSD order yet.

In NJ there is no sales tax if purchased along with the car. Any add on after the purchase would be taxable. Had they let you add it to the purchase you would have saved the tax. I chose to get FSD with my MX (that will be delivered later this month) for 2 reasons. No tax and I will be purchasing it through my business and will be able to write off the entire purchase so if I added it I saved the sales tax and am able to include the 3k in the write off amount. Not adding it in my case would have been foolish but without those incentives I was going to pass until some features were introduced.

I have upgraded to FSD. I have the hunch that in the next year, or so features will start to appear that are not in EAP - not least through the new AP3 chip being retro-fitted in FSD enabled cars.

I don’t expect fully FSD (in car taking me door to door without driving) for some years, but if extra features start getting added towards that goal, I will be satisfied.

Now that unlimited free supercharging (a benefit I use a lot) has been removed from new cars, I will be even more likely to hold onto my current model X (which I enjoy every time I drive) for many years.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden and Nathan