Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sounds like there will be a Model X at the new Palo Alto store at opening...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info! I'm interested to see if this eXtra surprise is an evolution of the design (small enhancements that Musk has previously alluded to) or if it is simply a ploy (same X that has been seen before) to get some excitement for the grand opening. Regardless, I would hope someone in Palo will be there with their camera at the ready :)

Last edited:
The invite says it's the Model X Design Prototype (which I believe is what they called the one that's already been seen.)

On a side note, it's been awhile since I've driven down that stretch of El Camino, but based on the map, it seems like the Tesla showroom is on the opposite of the Fisker dealership from the Maclaren dealership. Can anyone confirm?

The invite says it's the Model X Design Prototype (which I believe is what they called the one that's already been seen.)

On a side note, it's been awhile since I've driven down that stretch of El Camino, but based on the map, it seems like the Tesla showroom is on the opposite of the Fisker dealership from the Maclaren dealership. Can anyone confirm?

I just had my car in for service there this week. The service center is right next door to the Fisker/McLaren deadlership -- they are both on the same side of El Camino with Tesla just northwest of the McLaren/Fisker shop that is on the corner. They have a very nice setup there with many HPWCs in the front parking lot. I think they just completed getting those operational yesterday.

We are planning to head down there on Sunday to check out the X and will take a picture or two, but it sounds like this isn't anything that hasn't already been shown publicly before.

Some pics of the white Model X prototype today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And one more set...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cool pics. Anything interesting said that we don't already know that Elon was hinting at?

They're sticking to the info on the web. I asked several of the a Tesla staff at hand about what percentage of the car's design they thought was final. Most answers were 80-90%. The refinements will be to the interior, not exterior (except perhaps cosmetic changes, like wheel options, etc.) I heard from one of the younger staff (she works at HQ) that alpha builds will likely be there by end of this year--not sure how reliable that info is.

- - - Updated - - -

yep, and volvo took over Fisker's building

No, Tesla took over the Fisker building, which I find ironic. I wonder if Tesla got a good deal on that...knowing them they probably did :wink:

I hope the new Seattle store and future stand alone stores setup HPWCs in the parking stalls as it sounds like they've done here.

Super sick would be a Supercharger or two also. They have the land at their disposal as long as permits work and land owners are ok, right?

Two things that I just noticed and probably have been said before -
1. cubbies in the doors
2. center console, sort of?

I think the back seats are a little odd in the prototype or the car should have more red piping or something to tie them in better. The red piping on the carpet goes but there maybe red Tesla logos on the front seats (or does it have something like that I missed?)

Last edited:
The back seat rows of the Model X look too close together to work for adults. The middle row is either too far forward for leg room or too far back for the third row leg room.

The staffers admitted they don't know how you will have ski racks or how snow and ice on the roof will affect the opening of the doors or not dump on the second row seats.

I would tag myself in the above pictures but this isn't facebook. :)

They're sticking to the info on the web. I asked several of the a Tesla staff at hand about what percentage of the car's design they thought was final. Most answers were 80-90%. The refinements will be to the interior, not exterior (except perhaps cosmetic changes, like wheel options, etc.) I heard from one of the younger staff (she works at HQ) that alpha builds will likely be there by end of this year--not sure how reliable that info is.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Tesla took over the Fisker building, which I find ironic. I wonder if Tesla got a good deal on that...knowing them they probably did :wink:
Getting confused. Again. mulder1231.
What's what?
Volvo still there? Clarify?

Getting confused. Again. mulder1231.
What's what?
Volvo still there? Clarify?

A Volvo dealer is next door to the new Tesla store. The Volvo dealer has a couple of Fiskers out front, I guess orphans. A McLaren dealer is next to Volvo.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the Model X prototype for the first time today, at the new Palo Alto store. It looks great to my eyes, even better in person than the pics.

Last edited: