TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sounds like there will be a Model X at the new Palo Alto store at opening...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by SamGarber, Oct 11, 2013.

1. SamGarber

SamGarber S85 "Whale Shark"

2. Ufrugger

Ufrugger Member

#2 Ufrugger, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
    Thanks for the info! I'm interested to see if this eXtra surprise is an evolution of the design (small enhancements that Musk has previously alluded to) or if it is simply a ploy (same X that has been seen before) to get some excitement for the grand opening. Regardless, I would hope someone in Palo will be there with their camera at the ready :)

3. jc27

jc27 Member

The invite says it's the Model X Design Prototype (which I believe is what they called the one that's already been seen.)

On a side note, it's been awhile since I've driven down that stretch of El Camino, but based on the map, it seems like the Tesla showroom is on the opposite of the Fisker dealership from the Maclaren dealership. Can anyone confirm?

4. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

I just had my car in for service there this week. The service center is right next door to the Fisker/McLaren deadlership -- they are both on the same side of El Camino with Tesla just northwest of the McLaren/Fisker shop that is on the corner. They have a very nice setup there with many HPWCs in the front parking lot. I think they just completed getting those operational yesterday.

We are planning to head down there on Sunday to check out the X and will take a picture or two, but it sounds like this isn't anything that hasn't already been shown publicly before.

5. RobotGrease

RobotGrease Member

Fisker is no longer there. It is now Volvo.

6. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

I've not driven down that road in 6 months. Did they take over the Volvo dealer?

7. Tacket

Tacket Member

I hope the new Seattle store and future stand alone stores setup HPWCs in the parking stalls as it sounds like they've done here.

8. RobotGrease

RobotGrease Member

yep, and volvo took over Fisker's building

9. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

Some pics of the white Model X prototype today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And one more set...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

10. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Cool pics. Anything interesting said that we don't already know that Elon was hinting at?

11. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

They're sticking to the info on the web. I asked several of the a Tesla staff at hand about what percentage of the car's design they thought was final. Most answers were 80-90%. The refinements will be to the interior, not exterior (except perhaps cosmetic changes, like wheel options, etc.) I heard from one of the younger staff (she works at HQ) that alpha builds will likely be there by end of this year--not sure how reliable that info is.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Tesla took over the Fisker building, which I find ironic. I wonder if Tesla got a good deal on that...knowing them they probably did :wink:

12. Lump

Lump Active Member

The display looks huge, is it bigger then the MS?

13. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I was there around noon and the place was packed. Looks like mulder1231 got better photos than I did. The Model X is very interesting but a bigger vehicle than my wife and I will ever need (we have no kids or pets).

I do wonder if the dash design in that prototype will make it into production.

14. Zextraterrestrial

#14 Zextraterrestrial, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Super sick would be a Supercharger or two also. They have the land at their disposal as long as permits work and land owners are ok, right?

Two things that I just noticed and probably have been said before -
    1. cubbies in the doors
    2. center console, sort of?

I think the back seats are a little odd in the prototype or the car should have more red piping or something to tie them in better. The red piping on the carpet goes but there maybe red Tesla logos on the front seats (or does it have something like that I missed?)

15. evmile

evmile Member

The back seat rows of the Model X look too close together to work for adults. The middle row is either too far forward for leg room or too far back for the third row leg room.

The staffers admitted they don't know how you will have ski racks or how snow and ice on the roof will affect the opening of the doors or not dump on the second row seats.

I would tag myself in the above pictures but this isn't facebook. :)

16. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Side view mirrors are on there. I guess the camera idea is dead.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish they would integrate it into the car more. Having it hanging over the top doesn't look right.

17. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Getting confused. Again. mulder1231.
    What's what?
    Volvo still there? Clarify?

18. CalDreamin

CalDreamin Member

#18 CalDreamin, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    A Volvo dealer is next door to the new Tesla store. The Volvo dealer has a couple of Fiskers out front, I guess orphans. A McLaren dealer is next to Volvo.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw the Model X prototype for the first time today, at the new Palo Alto store. It looks great to my eyes, even better in person than the pics.

19. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Who's going to be there tonight? Headed there with gg.

20. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Too far to go there. Dang. But after showing the pics to my wife we pulled the trigger and now have a Model X reservation :)