TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Soup to nuts checklist

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ozymandius100, Apr 30, 2018.

1. ozymandius100

ozymandius100 Member

does anyone have, or has anyone put together a checklist that outlines the whole process flow from orderinto delivery? This would include what to expect from your ISA and estimates on timelines.

I find it interesting that the ISA doesn’t provide something like this, and I find myself consistently asking “what’s next” and “what should I be doing or receiving prior to delivery”.

I think sharing this experience would be extremely helpful to new tesla owners.

• Like x 1
  2. Trevor B

Trevor B Active Member

This would be good to have (we have the delivery checklist, but have one prior would be great).

Esp around loan, insurance, registration as well as how to bring funds (if partially or fully funding).

Thanks.

3. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

I'm actually a few days away from launching a website to do exactly this - provide a complete set of checkpoints at each stage of the process, from ordering a Tesla, to waiting for delivery, collecting the Tesla, and actually owning it. It's based on my experiences and needs as a new Tesla owner, as well as user input form the Tesla community.

Watch this space for the link!

• Like x 4
  4. FlyinLow

FlyinLow Enjoy the journey

Following!

5. Trevor B

Trevor B Active Member

6. sdrevik

sdrevik Member

I was given this:

You are paying for your Model 3 via Third Party Financing:

1. Payment is due upon or prior to delivery. You are responsible for ensuring Tesla receives payment. Payment for any amount not covered by financing can be made either by cashier’s check or electronic payment via your Tesla account.

2. For the financed portion of your payment, if your financial institution will be remitting payment via wire transfer or by mailing a cashier’s check – please ensure the funds are sent at least three business days prior to your delivery date. This will help ensure the funds have been received by Tesla in time for your scheduled delivery. You may also bring a physical check from your financial institution with you to your delivery appointment.

3. Please note: Vehicles cannot be delivered until funds are received by Tesla.

Please obtain an insurance policy for your Model 3 to present at delivery. You can obtain an insurance policy for your Model 3 with the following VIN: xxxx

All checks can be sent to the following:

Sent to: 6900 Dumbarton Circle Fremont CA 94555

Attn to: Order-Ops

Made to: Tesla, Inc.

Note: Please provide a scanned copy of the check and the tracking number. Vehicles cannot be delivered until funds are received by Tesla.

7. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

Hi all, I've released the website into the wild now :) It should contain the main things to do and check at all stages of Tesla purchasing and ownership, but of course it's early days for the website. I plan to continuously update and improve it, and I count on your generous feedback. It's non-commercial and made to help others and myself.

It's www.teslachecklists.com.

Thanks for looking!

• Helpful x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. pinik5

pinik5 Member

Great job Andrew, very helpful site.

• Like x 1
  9. golfpilot

golfpilot Member

picking up today. Thank you for making this!

• Like x 1
  10. AndrewL

AndrewL Member

Good luck and let us know how the collection went!

• Like x 1