Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soup to nuts checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone have, or has anyone put together a checklist that outlines the whole process flow from orderinto delivery? This would include what to expect from your ISA and estimates on timelines.

I find it interesting that the ISA doesn’t provide something like this, and I find myself consistently asking “what’s next” and “what should I be doing or receiving prior to delivery”.

I think sharing this experience would be extremely helpful to new tesla owners.

Reactions: Runt8
This would be good to have (we have the delivery checklist, but have one prior would be great).

Esp around loan, insurance, registration as well as how to bring funds (if partially or fully funding).

Thanks.

I'm actually a few days away from launching a website to do exactly this - provide a complete set of checkpoints at each stage of the process, from ordering a Tesla, to waiting for delivery, collecting the Tesla, and actually owning it. It's based on my experiences and needs as a new Tesla owner, as well as user input form the Tesla community.

Watch this space for the link!

I was given this:

You are paying for your Model 3 via Third Party Financing:

1. Payment is due upon or prior to delivery. You are responsible for ensuring Tesla receives payment. Payment for any amount not covered by financing can be made either by cashier’s check or electronic payment via your Tesla account.

2. For the financed portion of your payment, if your financial institution will be remitting payment via wire transfer or by mailing a cashier’s check – please ensure the funds are sent at least three business days prior to your delivery date. This will help ensure the funds have been received by Tesla in time for your scheduled delivery. You may also bring a physical check from your financial institution with you to your delivery appointment.

3. Please note: Vehicles cannot be delivered until funds are received by Tesla.

Please obtain an insurance policy for your Model 3 to present at delivery. You can obtain an insurance policy for your Model 3 with the following VIN: xxxx

All checks can be sent to the following:

Sent to: 6900 Dumbarton Circle Fremont CA 94555

Attn to: Order-Ops

Made to: Tesla, Inc.

Note: Please provide a scanned copy of the check and the tracking number. Vehicles cannot be delivered until funds are received by Tesla.

Hi all, I've released the website into the wild now :) It should contain the main things to do and check at all stages of Tesla purchasing and ownership, but of course it's early days for the website. I plan to continuously update and improve it, and I count on your generous feedback. It's non-commercial and made to help others and myself.

It's www.teslachecklists.com.

Thanks for looking!
Great job Andrew, very helpful site.

Reactions: AndrewL
Hi all, I've released the website into the wild now :) It should contain the main things to do and check at all stages of Tesla purchasing and ownership, but of course it's early days for the website. I plan to continuously update and improve it, and I count on your generous feedback. It's non-commercial and made to help others and myself.

It's www.teslachecklists.com.

Thanks for looking!
picking up today. Thank you for making this!

Reactions: AndrewL