TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Source button gone! - 7.1 update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SherSlick, Jan 10, 2016.

1. SherSlick

SherSlick Member

As anyone else noticed the source select button is gone from the Media now playing panel? I cannot fathom why they removed it.

Honestly it seems for every firmware update they give you something new but at the cost of something else.

Why Tesla, why?!?!!?

2. Firewired

Firewired Member

I noticed that too. Only way I could select my phone for streaming an Audible book was via Bluetooth setting. Has anyone else found another way?

3. bob_p

bob_p Member

When I listen to Audible, I have to start it on my phone first, and then use the right steering wheel button to select my phone.

The latest 7.1 update I received yesterday still has the flaw about not re-connecting to the smartphone when re-entering the car. If you're listening to the smartphone's media when leaving the car - and that's the phone that returns to the car - the source should go back to the phone - and not require re-selection every time..

4. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

I used that button many times a day. Looks like I need to give up temp control on the right scroll to get back media source switching. RIP media source switch.

5. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Don't have 7.1 yet. Are you all referring to the ability to change the media source from the IC? If so, that would be a terrible mistake to remove.

6. lolachampcar

It was the little button on the upper left hand corner of the media app that let you change source (AM, FM, Slacker, Tunein, USB, etc).

7. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I agree that button should come back, but it's not quite the end of the world. Switch to the browse tab and your selections are right there on the left side.

8. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

I only learned about this button a few weeks ago, and so soon, it's gone...

Does seem like an odd thing to remove (not like the screen space was repurposed or anything); perhaps it's the start of some media rework?

9. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Read on another thread that it was "by the equalizer button" - anyone have a picture with this dear departed icon? I don't remember seeing it in either place.

10. Leland

Leland Member

11. lolachampcar

That's the one.

I miss you soooooo :(

12. FloridaGary

FloridaGary Member

Does this update only apply to those who have autopilot? I checked today and have not received any indication of a software update.

13. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Software updates usually take several weeks to roll out. Patience.

14. TES-E

TES-E Member

All of the 'Now Playing' information is gone. If you select the media icon in the driver's display, it is blank. I cannot access it from the center console either... the selection is grayed out (unavailable ). I also notice that I can no longer mute the audio with the left thumbwheel. I can still change the volume setting, but not push to mute. I have to turn it all the way down to mute it. Seems odd that they would do this.

As an aside, while trying to get the media to work on the driver's display, I see an icon of a wheel and tire with the word Status under it. If I select it, I get actual tire pressures at each wheel. Is this new, or did I miss this before?

15. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

You probably had missed it.
    It's been there since 7.0.

16. TES-E

TES-E Member

I thought that's probably what happened. I don't change the screens very often. Thanks!

17. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I'm going to take a guess that this was somehow accidental. Maybe they're working on the media app and this slipped through the cracks.

Not sure I understand any reasoning for getting rid of it.

18. youlikeadajuice

I agree that it's not the end of the world...however, it was the only way I could figure out how to resume USB music from where I left off if I switched away from USB to another source (i.e. to check traffic on news radio and then switch back to where I left off on USB). Now I have to manually go through the USB menus in order to pick where I left off, or if I am using shuffle, I have to start the shuffling over. Anyone know another way to "resume" on USB? Source button should come back.

19. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

What's the email address we complain to about stuff like this?

20. RDuke

RDuke Member

[email protected]