Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Source for Hubcap Clips ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
One of my hubcaps does not fit snugly on the wheel due to loss of a couple of the clips. I did not see the clips offered for sale on the Tesla website. I'd love to hear that this is a generic item but that is probably asking a lot.

Any sources ?

I thought I would temporize by moving clips around so I looked closer at the hubcap and then realized that it actually has two types of clips: those that are mostly a vertical orientation and 3 that that more horizontal and longer. All of my horizontal clips were missing. Two different clip sizes.

OK, thought I, I'll just take a horizontal clip from another hubcap. Surprise! the hubcap I took off only has vertical, short clips. I'll remove all my hubcaps and see what I have. Tesla's non-stop innovation extends to variation on a single car LOL

IMG_20190521_103513.jpg IMG_20190521_103501.jpg IMG_20190521_103435.jpg IMG_20190521_103450.jpg

Last edited:
Looks more like you bent them when popping the hubcaps on the rim. I speak from experience. Once the clip is gone unless you get your fingers in there to ensure the clip is perfectly aligned before you try to snap the hubcap onto the rim the clip is likely to get smooshed and bend the other way.

Looks more like you bent them when popping the hubcaps on the rim. I speak from experience. Once the clip is gone unless you get your fingers in there to ensure the clip is perfectly aligned before you try to snap the hubcap onto the rim the clip is likely to get smooshed and bend the other way.
Heh. That is what my wife said but the deformed anchor does not show a crack and retains its elasticity. Moreover, a clip from a vertically oriented anchor does not fit.

I suppose I'll have to look at it closely with a magnifying glass. You better be wrong or I will never hear the end of this since I told hear it was definitely NOT bent.

Last edited: