Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Source for red brake calipers on a Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched the various brake threads on this forum, but I couldn't find an answer to this question.

The Roadster is pretty sexy looking to begin with but the one thing I think would really make my car pop is some red brake calipers to accent my Fusion Red Roadster Sport.

Can anyone recommend a good source for that part?

Thanks,

John

Just one thing to consider if you do paint them red, how much of a pain it will be to clean them of all the brake dust and grime through all the wheel spokes. I like mine the stock color of black since brake dust and dirt blends in well.

Lastly, the under-par brake setup that came with the Roadster is nothing to be flashing around and accent, I can see if you threw in some big brakes, but the the stock calipers barely get by doing their job....

Do not use the DIY kit to paint your calipers. It will not last and look good over time. Take the car to a high end body and paint shop to have the calipers professionally painted. They will use a high quality paint that will prevent discoloration and sticking of break dust. If your in the Los Angeles area I highly recommend Nine11design.com

Just a note, and it's *only* a MINI Cooper but I used proper brake caliper paint and matched the rear caliper bodies to the standard red ones up front and the paint held up fine. Granted rear brakes are basically along for the ride in the MINI but it was high temp paint.. biggest annoyance there was cleaning off all the grime etc before painting...