Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Source of Streaming Music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

After a recent V10 SW update, we were pleasantly surprised to have streaming music on our SR+ over LTE, however, we noticed the service cuts off sporadically. Anyone else experience this? Also, what is the source for the streaming music option? We do not have Spotify, nor the premium account, but can listen to streaming music.

Thanks!

696C2D61-BA01-41F9-AAF3-E92D8B65352C.jpeg

Hi All,

After a recent V10 SW update, we were pleasantly surprised to have streaming music on our SR+ over LTE, however, we noticed the service cuts off sporadically. Anyone else experience this? Also, what is the source for the streaming music option? We do not have Spotify, nor the premium account, but can listen to streaming music.

Thanks!

View attachment 464515
They're using Slacker Radio for streaming. I haven't used it a lot but I haven't had any issues. When it cuts out, are you maybe in an area with weak cell service?

I think Spotify has a 3 month free trial if you want to give it a try.

They're using Slacker Radio for streaming. I haven't used it a lot but I haven't had any issues. When it cuts out, are you maybe in an area with weak cell service?

I think Spotify has a 3 month free trial if you want to give it a try.

Thanks for clarifying the source. Unfortunately no 3 month free Spotify trial in “la belle province”.

Yeah noticed the drops when playing both streaming or music from USB. Was fine for a while before V10.
I did a bug report, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I've got the same issue. After about 4 minutes of play, Slacker hangs. You've got to switch to something else, then back to what you were listening to.

Also, I've noticed the search function on Slacker is a TON worse with V10. Before I'd say name and artist, and it'd start playing the song. Now I do that, and the search screen pops up, usually with my desired selection as the first choice. If it knows.... why's it no longer automatically starting it? grr...

• Informative
Reactions: Techniques
About music streaming and Tesla.
I could do WITHOUT this feature.

Elon: Just make it easier for us to use our own streaming services. I have the Apple Family plan for $14.95 a month (6 of us are on it) and certainly not going to subscribe to the 'Tesla Music Plan' - No Way!

Well, i was in the same boat, i had apple for 5 of us. I dumped it and subscribed to spotify. Same price, same thing for me anyway and i have it in the car.

I've got the same issue. After about 4 minutes of play, Slacker hangs. You've got to switch to something else, then back to what you were listening to.

Also, I've noticed the search function on Slacker is a TON worse with V10. Before I'd say name and artist, and it'd start playing the song. Now I do that, and the search screen pops up, usually with my desired selection as the first choice. If it knows.... why's it no longer automatically starting it? grr...

As to the search function it works if I log out of Spotify. With Spotify logged in it goes to the search page.

i did not even realize when i bought my used model X, you needed the audio upgrade to get sirius. i can stream from my phone, but that does me no good in the many places without reception. my door opens for me..yet i cannot get satellite radio? siriusly.

other than that i use spotify. but same deal. no reception, no music unless downloaded.