Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Source Vin & Delivery Window Text Correlation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for everyone who received the Delivery update text at the beginning of August, does the time frame specified correlate to the vin number range you had in your source code based on the spreadsheet?

This could be a good indication of whether that text was an automated message based on the vin which is / was assigned to your account at the time.

For example i received the text stating a delivery window of 7.8 - 20.8 based on my vin which was 423463.

I have now received a credit note and a new vin has appeared in source with a 4401 number. Now based on this new number the spreadsheet suggests the car could either be on the Ace or the Champion which would move the delivery window out to 26.08 - 08.09.

We we’re just about to book a holiday in September based on the original delivery window and are now wondering if this vin change has probably moved the date.

So for everyone who received the Delivery update text at the beginning of August, does the time frame specified correlate to the vin number range you had in your source code based on the spreadsheet?

This could be a good indication of whether that text was an automated message based on the vin which is / was assigned to your account at the time.

Assuming you're referring to my spreadsheet. It is based on VIN assignments & delivery windows received and posted about by people *so far*. It's not to be relied on for anything other than passing the time :)

There's nothing to say that a 4401 couldn't be received in a different window from what's currently in the sheet, just that no-one's posted that combination yet :)

I have now received a credit note and a new vin has appeared in source with a 4401 number. Now based on this new number the spreadsheet suggests the car could either be on the Ace or the Champion which would move the delivery window out to 26.08 - 08.09.

Based on available information, a 4401 VIN could be on any ship from Triumph Ace onwards, and could be delivered any time from now until 8th September as per the sheet. Not sure why you think 4401 would have to be 26th Aug onwards?

My only advice would be to go on the information that Tesla have given you. There's every chance that they're just shuffling VINs around based on what's arrived at delivery centres vs which people can collect.

Reactions: Roy W.
My thoughts were based on the ranges previously provided ie the previous vin I had was very much likely to be on the Ace. This new vin possibly Ace possibly Champion which could throw out the previous delivery window to the later one.

No specific analysis just trying to plan a holiday based on possibly delivery adjustments.