Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SourceCode DeepDive - account balance & other gems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday evening I sent small amount from 2 accounts. Deposit still showing original £3k - too soon or looking in wrong place? No final invoice yet so used RNxxx number which seems to be equally valid.

Assuming you don't need to pay up pronto I'd recommend the familiar concept of patience - I sent my final payment through yesterday - will check later today. My other payments have been 24-48 hours.

(Of course there's a chance Tesla have changed how things work)

I've been doing some digging here (if this gets too technical, sorry!). The important parts are done as a JSON document, top layer is "Tesla.ProductF". There are three objects within here, "Labels", "Data", and "ShopBlocks" and it's only "Data" which has info about your specific RN/order.

Data has a number of objects within it:
Capture.PNG

Most are self-explanatory:
Registration - Registration info, owner, company, trust etc
Tradein - If you are trading a vehicle in
Insurance - "SC" VIN, if VIN has changed, reservation, and a lot of US only specifics
DriverLicense - DL details and if you've uploaded copies of it
RegDelivery - Registered address, basically what appears on your V5C
Payment - Payment details, including finance details if applicable, such as "downpaymentToLessor"
RequestChange - If you've confirmed everything you'll get a phone number in this section to call for changes
FinanceLinks - US only
DeliveryDetails - Additional fees for AP/FSD (if applicable), collection location and time

Roughly how long did it take to appear?

about 24 hours- as per
They probably do a bank rec once a day

I think it you just miss a window for the transfer / reconciliation it may take up to 48 hours to get reflected in the SC.

If nothing shows up after 72 hours may be worth giving Tesla a shout to confirm. I was fairly happy as the micro payment I made proved it was getting through and assigned against my vehicle, so it was a nice to check for the following payments but not essential.

Don't know if all these have been reported before.

Search...

To Check VIN:
5YJ3

If referral for miles has been accepted:
referrerToken

Estimated delivery:
estimatedDeliveryDate

Payment Type:
financialProductType

Accepted Loan Amount in Principle (by PCP)
approvedLoanAmount

Interest Rate:
interestRate

Total Price: *this is at time of application not updated invoice
amountDueAtDelivery

Agreed Deposit:
downpaymentToLessor

Approved?
validityStatus

Amount Received:
ExistingDeposit

Previously invoices said to use the RN number but it changed to the invoice number so it seems both link up, best to do what the invoice says though where possible

I never had a final invoice on my account page. Just the email from Tesla advising on final payment. It told me to use the RN number as payment reference. Seemed to go through just fine, thankfully!

Just had my final invoice appear in my Tesla Account, but no email or text yet.
It says “Payment terms: Paid in full 7 days before delivery”
My delivery is next Saturday.
I’ve sent £1 as a test transaction (as recommended) , but paying 7 days in advance request is a bit of a joke when they haven’t officially told me yet!

Just had my final invoice appear in my Tesla Account, but no email or text yet.
It says “Payment terms: Paid in full 7 days before delivery”
My delivery is next Saturday.
I’ve sent £1 as a test transaction (as recommended) , but paying 7 days in advance request is a bit of a joke when they haven’t officially told me yet!
Welcome to the club! Lots of us haven’t managed the clear 7 days for payment, so don’t worry, Tesla aren’t often that efficient :)

I didn’t get my registration until 22 hours before my pickup appointment :D

Payments are assigned pretty quickly now - looks like they do at least one bank reconciliation per day.

Send money in the morning (Mon-Fri) and it's usually in your tesla account by the early afternoon. Sourcecode field ExistingDeposit

or in the javascript terminal paste in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Payment.PaymentInformation.Labels.ExistingDeposit and hit return