Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SourceCode DeepDive - account balance & other gems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paranoid about making payments and potential putting a large sum into the hands of ne'er-do-wells (insert quips about certain motor companies behaviour to Mr Meldrew's doppelganger) - hope this is of use.

In the UK we are long overdue a mechanism for preventing payee fraud - it was meant to be put in place this year by the banks Confirmation of Payee - Pay.UK interesting pdf report here.

However it was an omnishambles (think Smart Meter SMETS1/2, HS2, Hinkley Point etc.. ) and it didn't happen Confirmation Of Payee Delay – Nothing To Worry About Or A Ticking Time Bomb? - Global Banking & Finance Review

Usually if I pay a new payee I make a micro payment, then ask the payee to tell me how much I paid them. This ensures they have checked and I get confirmation & don't end up paying the wrong person. I borrowed this idea from ebay or was it paypal about 20 years ago...

In the source code this item appears to be updated within 48 hours of a faster payment, adding 2000 (not exactly a micropayment..) to the deposit price gave this confirmation of a payment made without having to bother Tesla on the phone

"ExistingDeposit":"Your deposit of £4000 has already been credited towards the Amount Due at Delivery."

Apart from the VIN (or lack of) there's a lot of information in the source code. There's somewhere in region of 1100 values in the CDATA section, mainly in alphabetical order. Most are placeholders or at least don't contain relevant data.

Other Gems

If you are lease/ loan there may be other relevant sections that I can't see, these ones were interesting to me:

If you've uploaded your driving license image
"DriversLicenseAvailable":true

Numbers to dial
"RequestChange":{"assistance":"For immediate assistance please contact +441628450625"
"finance_body_with_phone":"You can apply online for financing with our preferred partner . To request financing for a company car connect with us at +44 1628 450 604."}}

Possibly true once balance settled
"Finalpayment":{"FinalpaymentAvailable":false
"FinalpaymentComplete":false}

mysterious line here
"isEligibleForSoftwareModification":false

inventory matched?
"IsInventoryOrder":false

The amount of stuff hidden away in the underlying code of the page is insane. There's an awful lot of text and other things that I would expect to be dished out server-side dependent upon the status of your order etc. rather than just shoving everything to the browser and letting that decide which parts are relevant. But perhaps that's just how I'd do it - certainly it seems a lot of web development seems to be "lazy" in this way. Spotted bits of code mentioning "data parsley" which seems like a really odd phrase!

I think "IsInventoryOrder" might be referring to the option to browse "existing inventory" on the Tesla website. Initially the website presents itself as the US version of the site which offers "custom order" and "existing inventory" on the Model 3 page.

"Tradein" contains the VIN, valuation amount etc. for trade-in vehicle. Unsure when this gets populated - I'd accepted the valuation already.

"estimatedDeliveryDate" - for me this is null right now, but I've read elsewhere that this gets populated eventually.

I don’t have the thyme to be reading all this about parsley ;)

(Did you see what I did there? :))
Peas....

"Tradein" contains the VIN, valuation amount etc. for trade-in vehicle. Unsure when this gets populated - I'd accepted the valuation already.

"estimatedDeliveryDate" - for me this is null right now, but I've read elsewhere that this gets populated eventually.

There is also tradeInCredit which I assume if you accept the trade in this will be populated.

For anyone wanting to check payments received "ExistingDeposit" is updated approx 2 working days after payment (Assuming Faster Payments)

Last edited:
Reactions: ajp558
Paranoid about making payments and potential putting a large sum into the hands of ne'er-do-wells (insert quips about certain motor companies behaviour to Mr Meldrew's doppelganger) - hope this is of use.

In the UK we are long overdue a mechanism for preventing payee fraud - it was meant to be put in place this year by the banks Confirmation of Payee - Pay.UK interesting pdf report here.

However it was an omnishambles (think Smart Meter SMETS1/2, HS2, Hinkley Point etc.. ) and it didn't happen Confirmation Of Payee Delay – Nothing To Worry About Or A Ticking Time Bomb? - Global Banking & Finance Review

Usually if I pay a new payee I make a micro payment, then ask the payee to tell me how much I paid them. This ensures they have checked and I get confirmation & don't end up paying the wrong person. I borrowed this idea from ebay or was it paypal about 20 years ago...

In the source code this item appears to be updated within 48 hours of a faster payment, adding 2000 (not exactly a micropayment..) to the deposit price gave this confirmation of a payment made without having to bother Tesla on the phone

"ExistingDeposit":"Your deposit of £4000 has already been credited towards the Amount Due at Delivery."

Apart from the VIN (or lack of) there's a lot of information in the source code. There's somewhere in region of 1100 values in the CDATA section, mainly in alphabetical order. Most are placeholders or at least don't contain relevant data.

Other Gems

If you are lease/ loan there may be other relevant sections that I can't see, these ones were interesting to me:

If you've uploaded your driving license image
"DriversLicenseAvailable":true

Numbers to dial
"RequestChange":{"assistance":"For immediate assistance please contact +441628450625"
"finance_body_with_phone":"You can apply online for financing with our preferred partner . To request financing for a company car connect with us at +44 1628 450 604."}}

Possibly true once balance settled
"Finalpayment":{"FinalpaymentAvailable":false
"FinalpaymentComplete":false}

mysterious line here
"isEligibleForSoftwareModification":false

inventory matched?
"IsInventoryOrder":false
So helpful-thanks! I too am paranoid,so I made a small payment to confirm account before sending final payment. Emailed Tesla requesting confirmation of receipt but, of course, no reply. Just checked my source and there it was - just as you explain. Perfect!

So helpful-thanks! I too am paranoid,so I made a small payment to confirm account before sending final payment. Emailed Tesla requesting confirmation of receipt but, of course, no reply. Just checked my source and there it was - just as you explain. Perfect!
That's exactly what I did as well. I made a transfer of £1,000 and waited for it to show in the source code to be comfortable that the transfer instructions were correct before I sent the big payment.

Reactions: KJWS