Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sources for Aftermarket Wheels - 20"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 566455

Interested in seeing your car once you lower it. Who did you decide to use for the set up?

I’m going with unplugged’s coilover suspension kit once they’re in stock...which is about three weeks out. I ordered some Volk wheels also, going with the G025 in the Dark Blue, looks similar to their magnesium blue. Now I need to decide what color I want the calipers. Leaning towards gold.

I did not get a chance to lower my car yet. Waiting to see my options, I may get coilovers too.

G025 wheels are nice. Can't wait to see it on your Y!

Reactions: Writeavon
Need lowering springs asap.
Beautiful! You know what. I used to have a hatch which was on lowered springs (illegal). So I did it properly and it raised up to about the height that your car is at now. And I didn't mind it because I was just high enough that I stopped scraping on low kerbs after that and didn't have to worry about being too 'low' after that. So if you do go low, not by much, great choice! Inspires me for my future choice one day!

Reactions: schao
Anyone know what I could expect for selling my 19" Geminis? I'm about to take delivery and plan to take them off. What would be fair to ask for them? You think it will be tough to get rid of them?

schao,
Do you have any full sideview pics of the te37 on the Y? Love the volks. Have a set of 19s and picking up the Y soon, not sure how 19s would look (will lower with coilovers when avail) and whether I would have to widen the lug holes. What lug nuts did you go with?

schao,
Do you have any full sideview pics of the te37 on the Y? Love the volks. Have a set of 19s and picking up the Y soon, not sure how 19s would look (will lower with coilovers when avail) and whether I would have to widen the lug holes. What lug nuts did you go with?

Here is the sideview of the Y. I'm using Rays L42 lug nuts Rays L42 Dura-Nuts Straight Type Lug & Lock Set - M14x1.50

IMG_7757.JPG

I dont know much about wheels, but isnt the likelihood that you would use these for another vehicle low due to compatibility issues? Or are you assuming you'll have another Tesla and your tastes wont change?
The stock wheels use a common bolt pattern of 5x114.3, 64.1 centerbore, +45mm offset. The only issue would be finding another vehicle that needs the larger lug nuts, which are 21mm on a 14x1.50 thread pattern.