Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

South Austin Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure versions of this story have been posted here before but felt I needed to share my frustrating experience at Tesla South Austin, especially since it was not my first bad experience with Tesla service.

I needed to schedule service for a punctured tire and during the tire service my front passenger door was dented by a runaway jack or another car they backed into mine...I'm still unclear. To Tesla's credit they promptly called me and scheduled a loaner while the car went to the body shop for repair. On the phone with Tesla I let them know I expected the service cost estimate to be adjusted to reflect the fact that my car was damaged in their car. In other words, I did not want to pay for the labor during my service which amounted to about 25% of the cost. Why would I pay for labor that damaged my car?

Tesla held my car for over 2 weeks and I received very little communication and had to check in with them repeatedly after messages about pick up time and completion when unanswered in the app. After my request for a reduction in cost, Josh (store manager?) took over the communication and that's when everything started to go severely downhill. Josh was rude, insulting and argumentative. Through the app and in person he basically argued with me about how the car was damaged and what the labor charge was attributed to which is completely besides the point. Honestly it was like talking to an angry teenager. I started the conversation with Josh asking about a Model S loaner to test since I was thinking of upgrading from my Model 3. Within three messages from asking Josh about spending $100k+ with Tesla he had managed to completely turn me off to the brand and cement a horrible customer service experience in my mind that I will never forget.

A family member had a very similar experience after buying a brand new Model Y which was so bad that he decided to just sell the car and get something else instead of have to deal with Tesla reps on a consistent basis.

Reactions: ricardocabesa